Uploading new Firmware for 325P2

Discussion on Uniden technologies, including programming, tutorials, schematics, requests for help and new releases etc
Forum rules
***NOTE*** This forum and its content are not endorsed in any way by the vendor and users are advised to exercise caution when viewing and/or acting on any information contained within. We accept no responsibility for your devices and strongly warn you to check your warranty conditions and seek expert advice before proceeding.
Brazoo

Uploading new Firmware for 325P2

Post by Brazoo »

Howdy all from lockdown in Newcastle.
Lockdown has seen me finally have time to purchase the firmware update for my 325P2, just the DMR at this stage.
I have the 'key', how do i upload the new version to the scanner?
Tried Unidens BC-VUP option and it wont upload the Australian version.
Ozscans page suggested going to FREESCAN and uploading the new Aussie version but the links are all SPAM.
Im presuming theres another patch out there somewhere or does Uniden post a physical disc when paid for?
VK3RX

Re: Uploading new Firmware for 325P2

Post by VK3RX »

Did you try the version on Uniden Australia's site:

https://uniden.com.au/wp-content/upload ... _03_04.zip

If it doesn't work, drop Jim @ Ozscan a line.
Brazoo

Post by Brazoo »

I looked and searched for such a link and for the life of me it would not come up. Presumed there was something there but nope, every search came up nil. Thanks so much will try it in the morning.
Brazoo

Post by Brazoo »

Thanks again Damien. Turns out my scanner is a BCD325P, not a UBCD325P, and the firmware will not upload. Will contact Jim and see what he reckons, thanks again.