Selcall 400pro

Discussion on Icom technologies, including programming, tutorials, schematics, requests for help and new releases etc
Forum rules
***NOTE*** This forum and its content are not endorsed in any way by the vendor and users are advised to exercise caution when viewing and/or acting on any information contained within. We accept no responsibility for your devices and strongly warn you to check your warranty conditions and seek expert advice before proceeding.
b3rgs

Selcall 400pro

Post by b3rgs »

So reading everywhere on this forum and web to try and get this up and running on the Icom 400pro.
If someone can give me a rough idea I'm sure I can pick it up.
in the editing software its under 5tone, there is 1-8 (channels)or RX code group and 1-32 of TX code groups.
How does this work for example?
if I enable the codes on TX channel 3, will this transmit on repeater 3 (channel 3 in my UHF bank)?

hope someone can make sense of this dribble
ziggybyrne

Re: Selcall 400pro

Post by ziggybyrne »

G'day, the first thing i would do is find on the internet, and download the"simplified instruction manual for the ic 400 pro". There is a lot of info here for the first timer. The 400 pro can recieve and act on up to 8 different selcall codes. Code 1 is default and can be edited in position 28 in your selcall phonebook. Its a lot to explain in a platform like this which is why I recommend chasing up the file above.
Ziggybyrne