re gme tx4400

Discussion on GME technologies, including programming, tutorials, schematics, requests for help and new releases etc
Forum rules
***NOTE*** This forum and its content are not endorsed in any way by the vendor and users are advised to exercise caution when viewing and/or acting on any information contained within. We accept no responsibility for your devices and strongly warn you to check your warranty conditions and seek expert advice before proceeding.
christopher

re gme tx4400

Post by christopher »

Im after the schematics for the serial programing cable. I just need to know what colour wire is crimped to what prong of a rj11 6pin telephone plug
youngn
Forum Manager

Re: re gme tx4400

Post by youngn »

A generic GME schematic came up on google after a quick search and it shows what 'prong' does what so should be of help.
"YOUNGN"
christopher

Post by christopher »

youngn wrote:A generic GME schematic came up on google after a quick search and it shows what 'prong' does what so should be of help.
do you have the link ? it would be some help
Phantom
Forum Manager

Post by Phantom »

What things have you tried so far when you have conducted a Google search?
Comint

Post by Comint »

While I have seen a number of non GME sites claiming to have software for programming the GME TX 4400, I see nothing in the TX 4400 Instruction Manual indicating that the TX4400 is PC programmable.

--
Comint
Yipyip46

Post by Yipyip46 »

Good morning Comint, The TX4400 can be accessed by a PC. You can only program the extra RX channels, change the radio ID for the selcal and general copy of the front panel config. Regards Yipyip
christopher

Post by christopher »

but what colour wires need to be crimped on to what pin
Phantom
Forum Manager

Post by Phantom »

What is the need to connect it to the PC?
What are you wanting to "program"?
christopher

Post by christopher »

Phantom wrote:What is the need to connect it to the PC?
What are you wanting to "program"?
i just need to find out why channel 12 is cutting in to channel 13. dads working on the highway and its pissing him off

i say its a frequencie problem
Phantom
Forum Manager

Post by Phantom »

"Channel 12 is "Cutting in to" channel 13"
Care to explain?

I would suspect that you could have a priority channel setup that you simply need to disable (via the keypad) but I will await your explanation on the "cutting" term....
christopher

Post by christopher »

Phantom wrote:"Channel 12 is "Cutting in to" channel 13"
Care to explain?

I would suspect that you could have a priority channel setup that you simply need to disable (via the keypad) but I will await your explanation on the "cutting" term....
well channel 12 is interfraring with the channel 13 transmissions . i will say its a frequencie number muck up it needs to be fixed
Phantom
Forum Manager

Post by Phantom »

Frequency number muck up?
What are you talking about?

You will need to explain yourself. I would suggest getting a technician to look at it if you don't know what you are doing. A tech (or anyone with a scope) will easily be able to bench test it and check the frequency it is TX on and if there is an internal problem.
As mentioned earlier, connecting this radio to a PC will probably do nothing to assist the problem you are having....
It sounds like a simple keypad setting that has been pressed in error (priority channel or the like).
I don't believe that you will be able to change any of the "frequencies" in the TX side of the radio via the cable for which you are seeking assistance.

What makes you think that "it's a frequency number muck up"? ....On which unit....? Again, I don't believe that you are able to change the TX/RX frequencies on these units, so a cable will be no good to you....
christopher

Post by christopher »

so from looking at the dirgram ^^^^^ in pervious post

pin 1 = black

pin 5 =?

Pin 6 = ?
Phantom
Forum Manager

Post by Phantom »

As mentioned, the cable is not going to solve your problem. It only really does what can be done thru the keypad on the radio for the TX4400.

If you are having problems with interference, may I suggest you use a different channel or us CTCSS or DCS (where available) or get a Tech (or someone who can bench test the radio) to look at your radio if there is an internal problem
comport1

Post by comport1 »

Hi Guys

Just my input, I have had some experience in the past with GME TX400's "Wandering" off frequency, and doing all sorts of funny things, with front panel buttons not doing what they are suppose to, etc etc. So in the past i have firstly tried to fix these problems with using the Software & Cable, to "read" the unit & "Re-Write" the default "Factory (.mem) file to the unit, and sometimes this can fix it because of the memory becoming corrupt etc. I have been successful a few times, but I'm not saying this is the problem with this gentleman's unit, but yes, you may have a 'TX" problem with the unit also, as said previously, a tech with a bench set would help. GME will also except it to bench test and repair. Pretty easy to deal with, i often send Radios to the GME Service Centre and when they receive the radio they test, repair and dispatch same day in most cases!! Never had a problem with them and as for the TX4400's, they were probably one of the best units GME had... Hope this helps

Cheers

Comport1
------------------------------------------
Comport1
Yipyip46

Post by Yipyip46 »

Just to add my 2 cents worth. The frequency / channel allocation table can not be accessed or changed in the TX4400 (RX channels excluded). The unit will display EE (Eeprom Error)(Similar to the TX4200) if there is corruption of any data. The frequency / Channel allocation data is stored in the micro. not read from the eeprom . After dealing with GME products since 1982 there are a lot of myths about their corruption problems (Primarily caused by the TX4000). Things to be checked are the TX frequency error (Reference crystal aged and drifting). This will cause the transmitting radio to be heard on the receiving unit. One of the filters (more likely the ceramic one) failed. This can cause the receiving radio to pick up spurious transmissions. The last thought or it should have been the first is as suggested previously finger problems turning things on or off. Regards Yipyip