GME TX3600 Issue

Discussion on GME technologies, including programming, tutorials, schematics, requests for help and new releases etc
Forum rules
***NOTE*** This forum and its content are not endorsed in any way by the vendor and users are advised to exercise caution when viewing and/or acting on any information contained within. We accept no responsibility for your devices and strongly warn you to check your warranty conditions and seek expert advice before proceeding.
christopher

GME TX3600 Issue

Post by christopher »

hey all

I'm stuck for an answer , my dads gme tx3600 uhf cb radio won't turn on at all , I have checked the fuse line and the wiring inside the radio... it just seems strange that it won't power up at all
michael
Administrator

Re: GME TX3600 Issue

Post by michael »

Knowing full well that you've said that you looked over the fuse line, but have you put a replacement fuse in just to see how it goes? Also make sure you have the positive and negative wiring at the correct terminals.

Failing those, other users may be able to assist you further.
christopher

Post by christopher »

michael wrote:Knowing full well that you've said that you looked over the fuse line, but have you put a replacement fuse in just to see how it goes? Also make sure you have the positive and negative wiring at the correct terminals.

Failing those, other users may be able to assist you further.
I have replaced the fuse and still nothing. its getting power from 12volt dc fuse line but not getting power in to the radio. I have checked the red is connected to the red and the black to the black.

is this a common problem with these units
eric7315
Newly Registered Users

Post by eric7315 »

I would check there is power using a multi meter to the power plug in the end that plugs into the radio, or if you are confident check there is power on the circuit board, did this just appear or is it a new install.
christopher

Post by christopher »

eric7315 wrote:I would check there is power using a multi meter to the power plug in the end that plugs into the radio, or if you are confident check there is power on the circuit board, did this just appear or is it a new install.
well the original connection has been cut and rewired different due to missing power cord. its got a big black chunky power cord wired . so red= brown and black =grey

but I might have to rewire the fuse red to the radio red and the black to the black inside the radio
Yipyip46

Post by Yipyip46 »

Hi Christopher, I would replaced the power lead with the correct on first. Manufactures put them there for a reason. Second what caused the radio to stop working? Is it a local or remote configured radio? The TX 3600 uses a power fet to control the turn on proceedure. The micro is supplied by a stand by power supply. If it is a remote, the first thing to try is the plug in the back of the remote head. This is always dislodging. The unit also has 2 other fuse links on the main PCB, one next to the transorb / input choke and one about 2 cm in from the DC input leads. These are just copper tracks but they are hard to see if they are blown. Apart from this it may be a workshop job to fix it.
Regards
Ian
christopher

Post by christopher »

Yipyip46 wrote:Hi Christopher, I would replaced the power lead with the correct on first. Manufactures put them there for a reason. Second what caused the radio to stop working? Is it a local or remote configured radio? The TX 3600 uses a power fet to control the turn on proceedure. The micro is supplied by a stand by power supply. If it is a remote, the first thing to try is the plug in the back of the remote head. This is always dislodging. The unit also has 2 other fuse links on the main PCB, one next to the transorb / input choke and one about 2 cm in from the DC input leads. These are just copper tracks but they are hard to see if they are blown. Apart from this it may be a workshop job to fix it.
Regards
Ian

i think it would be the remote.... the correct radio wire red with fuse line to red and black to black. still not powering up. can not tell if its a spiked unit . maulti meater said its getting power in the fuse line to radio
christopher

Post by christopher »

ar its a spiked unit.... ill keep the parts like the knobs speaker and housing .... throw the rest away
Yipyip46

Post by Yipyip46 »

It sounds like the first fuse link will be blown. There is a transorbe laying left to right just in front of the power input wires. It is black with a faint silver bar on the right hand end. This should measure as a diode, in Diode Test Mode on the Multi-Meter one way should measure 0.7 Volts and O/C the other. If it is 0 Volts both ways it is blown. The TX3600 is a commercial radio and is normally around $600.00 to replace so I would not be tossing if it is such a minor blow up.
Regards Ian.