Handheld with built-in VOX?

Discussion on any technologies that do not fall under one of the above vendors, including programming, tutorials, schematics, requests for help and new releases etc
Forum rules
***NOTE*** This forum and its content are not endorsed in any way by the vendor and users are advised to exercise caution when viewing and/or acting on any information contained within. We accept no responsibility for your devices and strongly warn you to check your warranty conditions and seek expert advice before proceeding.
Squire

Handheld with built-in VOX?

Post by Squire »

G'day All,

I'm after a handheld that will do VOX with the built in microphone. I currently have a Unidex UH078SX (5w 40ch CB + prog rx) but the VOX function is only available with some optional headset.
Now what i'm really after is a handheld with VOX just from the unit itself - doesn't need to have programmable rx or scan function, just CB is fine, and doesn't need to be too high powered, only going to be used on about a 1 acre property so 1 or 2 watt is fine.

Any suggestions?
Uniden UH078SX
Comint

Re: Handheld with built-in VOX?

Post by Comint »

Squire wrote: . . Now what i'm really after is a handheld with VOX just from the unit itself - doesn't need to have programmable rx or scan function, just CB is fine, and doesn't need to be too high powered, only going to be used on about a 1 acre property so 1 or 2 watt is fine.
Oricom claim their PMR1280 has VOX.

Despite the model number, it is marketed as a UHF CB and has 2 Watts output.

--
Comint