Changes to QPS! Whats it all mean?

SteveNSWP

Post by SteveNSWP »

Hey guys,

I just read about some QPS Structural Changes that are happening or have happened this year. I read a bit about it, but because I am not 100 per cent up on the structure of QLD Police I didn't understand it entirely. Effectively, what are the changes in a nutshell? Have they occurred yet or when will it be happening? Will there still be divisions like there are now or is that all changing aswell and divisions are gone? and if divisions are being kept, what will be the impact on divisions both good and bad as a result of this change? There seems to be talks about Commands, which is what we have here in NSW which are no where near as good as the divsions that QLD have, so I am hoping that QPS isn't following our model here in NSW.

Cheers for any info guys.
mubear

Post by mubear »

Number of Regions and Districts will both reduce from 1/7/13.
SteveNSWP

Re: Changes to QPS! Whats it all mean?

Post by SteveNSWP »

Cheers mate, are there going to be any changes to the Divisions that you know of?
Comint

Post by Comint »

SteveNSWP wrote: . . . Have they occurred yet or when will it be happening?
The Official start date is 1 July 2013, but a lot of things have already started.

Will there still be divisions like there are now or is that all changing as well and divisions are gone? and if divisions are being kept, what will be the impact on divisions both good and bad as a result of this change?
With the exception of the old Metropolitan North Region, and NOT counting Shopfronts, and Beat Offices, an Individual Station constitutes a Division, and I don't believe there is any change to that.

A number of Divisions form a District, and some of these Districts are to be merged to make larger Districts. like Rockhampton District and Gladstone District will merge to become Capricornia District.

In some cases, an existing District will be split up, with some Divisions going to one new District, and the remainding Divisions going to one, or more, other new Districts.

Overall, the number of Districts will be reduced from 31 to 15. The attached PDF will give you some idea of the changes.

There seems to be talks about Commands, which is what we have here in NSW which are no where near as good as the divisions that QLD have, so I am hoping that QPS isn't following our model here in NSW.
The Commands in Queensland, are nothing like the LACs in NSW, they are more a Statewide thing. For example, there will be the State Crime Command, and the Road Policing Command, as well as others, providing support to Regions and Districts right across the State.

--
Comint
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mstrkrft

Post by mstrkrft »

It's going to be interesting to see if merging these communication divisions works..

Brisbane Met south had their analog channel turned on the other day and I could hear the operator giving jobs to Whisky, Sierra and Oscar units so they must of merged bayside and met south

I would imagine that could get pretty busy!
rooster

Post by rooster »

mstrkrft wrote:It's going to be interesting to see if merging these communication divisions works..

Brisbane Met south had their analog channel turned on the other day and I could hear the operator giving jobs to Whisky, Sierra and Oscar units so they must of merged bayside and met south

Was that on ch 84, 122 or a different one :?:
mstrkrft

Post by mstrkrft »

rapps_101

Post by rapps_101 »

mstrkrft wrote:It's going to be interesting to see if merging these communication divisions works..

Brisbane Met south had their analog channel turned on the other day and I could hear the operator giving jobs to Whisky, Sierra and Oscar units so they must of merged Wynnum-Oxley and South Brisbane

Fixed ;)
Currently have: Simoco SRM9000 (TU), Yaesu FT65, GME XRS370, GME TX6155 x 2, Icom IC400 Pro x 2, Icom IC41 Pro x 3
Comint

Post by Comint »

Found the following file on the Net, dated 2013 May 14:-

State_Divisions_Districts_Regions.pdf

supposed to show the Re-structured Regions / Districts, with effect 2013 July 01. However, it shows Bedourie, Birdsville, and Boulia Divisions as still being part of Mt Isa District, whereas they were supposed to be moved to the South West District of Southern Region.

--
Comint