FreeSCAN Error

If you have something to say that just doesn't fit into any of the forums above, then post it here, remember to keep it PG rated for the kids
NinaGeelong

FreeSCAN Error

Post by NinaGeelong »

Hi Guys..

Not sure if I'm posting this in the right place, so please forgive me if it should have gone elsewhere.

Tonight I came across an error/s using FreeSCAN 2.11 while uploading new systems to the 396XT. I'm going to include a screen capture of the two windows showing the error/s. In the left window there was a clickable error link showing '18' errors. On clicking the '18' link it opened a new window with a list of errors. Please see picture.

So far as I can tell each of the systems I uploaded seem to be working ok but, I'm curious about the errors. Is there a known bug with the system, or perhaps a compatibility issue using FreeSCAN with the aussie 396XT? Or is it something I did wrong aka 'user error'. Being a noob to these new age scanners and programming software, I'm thinking the latter is more likely.

The connection to the laptop (W7 64bit) was made via USB to RS232(FTDI).

As always, any help will be much appreciated.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Nina

Current Scanners: UBCD396XT

Previous Scanners: Pro20A, UBC220XLT, PRO2035, UBC9000XLT
Phil
Administrator

Re: FreeSCAN Error

Post by Phil »

Nina,

firstly im suprised you never had it before. what you are downing is writing the american band plan onto your radio and it isn't liking it. unclick the send custom radio settings and see how you go. alternate software is available however does cost after 30 days
Phil
Forum Administrator
phil@aussiescanners.com.au

Uniden UBCD996T, RH96, UBCD396xt, Uniden UBCD563-PT
RTL-SDRs way to many
Motorola GP328, GP338, GP328 Plus, XTS3000, DP3400 VHF, DP2600e, DP4801e, DM4601e, XTL5000-03, XTS2500 M3
Simoco SRM9030 AC, SRM9022 UW
Hytera - PD412, PD462, PD682, MD782G, PD782G
Barrett 950
Icom IC-F60, IC-410 Pro
Tait TM8250
Kenwood - NX720HG
NinaGeelong

Re: FreeSCAN Error

Post by NinaGeelong »

brisbanescan wrote:Nina,

firstly im suprised you never had it before. what you are downing is writing the american band plan onto your radio and it isn't liking it. unclick the send custom radio settings and see how you go. alternate software is available however does cost after 30 days
Thanks Phil...

Last night was the first time I had ever used this program or any program for that matter. Initially I uploaded a whole lot of systems at once and got the error. After that I had to do the experiment, and uploaded just one more system to see if I got the same error. And she did! Hence in the screen capture it only shows one system being uploaded.

I will try again on the weekend without the custom radio settings as you suggest and see what happens.

Thanks again (" ,)
Nina

Current Scanners: UBCD396XT

Previous Scanners: Pro20A, UBC220XLT, PRO2035, UBC9000XLT