RAAF active on the Gold Coast

All air band scanning discussions, whether it be a bird, plane, superman, helicopter, space ship, rocket or anything else that glides through the air
geoffro316

RAAF active on the Gold Coast

Post by geoffro316 »

I've been listening to a RAAF aircraft (presumably) for the last 30mins on 260.000 am. I can only hear one station at this stage, using the callsign "Savage 2". I'm listening to them from Tweed Heads with a UHF yagi beaming towards Surfers Paradise. Anyone know who this is? They are talking about "target buildings" etc.
Cheers

Pea-Man!
Phantom
Forum Manager

Re: RAAF active on the Gold Coast

Post by Phantom »

I would say - that the F111 (typically "Savage") were down at Evans Head Bombing Range training. I know you were pointing at the GC - however i would not be suprised if you were picking them up at the Restricted Live Firing Range (Evans Head).

Then again - they might have been on their way back to AMB from the range and "honing" their skills on Targets such as buildings - just for something to do.

There are many occassions that they will traget objects on the way back from a sortie - they have been known to fix on commercial aircraft, civilian buildings, cars etc etc ALL WITHOUT YOU KNOWING
bonnie28

Re: RAAF active on the Gold Coast

Post by bonnie28 »

Yer its a pig. Normally target high buildings for practice.