UBCD436-PT Trunking

Enthusiast discussion on trunked radio networks, protocols including MPT1327, TETRA, EDACS, SMARTNET - as well as talk group ID's
Sparker

UBCD436-PT Trunking

Post by Sparker »

Just a quick question when setting up P25 system do you have enter all the frequencies for that site or just the control frequency?

Cheers Steve
Uniden UBCD436-PT
GME XRS Connect
X-Firey

Re: UBCD436-PT Trunking

Post by X-Firey »

Hi Steve. I'm not familiar with the 436-PT or sentinel software however as per previous models you should be able to enter control channel only. I also enter alternate control channels if known. On the odd occasion, for whatever reason if the CC goes down you are still able to monitor the site.
Sparker

Post by Sparker »

Thanks X-Firey I started with the just control channels (NSW GRN) but I think I was missing some transmissions so I added siw more frequencies from Radioreference.com (that all they had for the site near me). It got better but still missed some transmissions, so I did a Conventional Discovery overnight and found 21 more frequencies. I feel that not missing any now, but that's just from one site.

I travel often between Wollongong and Sydney airport and there six sites on the way, that's a lot of discovering. I have noticed that the CFA P25 Districts included with my scanner only have one frequency per site. I haven't been to Victoria to see if it works, if someone let me know.

Steve
Uniden UBCD436-PT
GME XRS Connect
X-Firey

Post by X-Firey »

I have my Uniden scanners programmed CC only for the Victorian RMR network and it works without any problem.
Likewise with the TRX 1 and 2...