SDR DONGLE

Discussion on any technologies that do not fall under one of the above vendors, including programming, tutorials, schematics, requests for help and new releases etc
Forum rules
***NOTE*** This forum and its content are not endorsed in any way by the vendor and users are advised to exercise caution when viewing and/or acting on any information contained within. We accept no responsibility for your devices and strongly warn you to check your warranty conditions and seek expert advice before proceeding.
vkcpolice

SDR DONGLE

Post by vkcpolice »

I brought a realteck 2832u dongle of ebay for around15 bucks it clammed to be a scanner as well as a digital tv tuner plus dab radio got it in the mail and the software barley works wont even tune in digital tv or has any option for a scanner.
is there some special software i need to download to get this working? or can anyone link me to an sdr dongle that really works as a scanner? this is what i brought http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/181722660083 ... EBIDX%3AIT
Phantom
Forum Manager

Re: SDR DONGLE

Post by Phantom »

Those dongles are fine. I've had one working in the past and it worked well for what I needed.
Google SDR and you will find the program you need. Sharp I think is the name of one?
vkcpolice

Post by vkcpolice »

yes thankyou i got sharp sort of working after a lot of trouble with drivers ect. i wanted this for my laptop but for some reason there is a problem with these dongles using usb 3.0 ports so i got it running on my desktop hooked up via my tv antenna but the audio is crap can barley tune in the local police repeater dont know why i wanted one just something different i guess
melbournefan

Post by melbournefan »

Put the gain up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
vkcpolice

Post by vkcpolice »

cant find gain on the program anywhere ive been playing round with the audio settings but no inprovment
chainz

Post by chainz »

I'm going to make a tutorial today on how to set these up and use them, Very simple.
vkcpolice

Post by vkcpolice »

Got it working on my Desktop but it refuses to run on my laptop even when i turn off usb 3.0 in my bios. frustrating as i dont need another scanner in the house i want it for my laptop instead of having to carry around 3 portable radio's.
chainz

Post by chainz »

Did you follow my tutorial

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk