ASTRO Saber & XTS 3000 CPS V 5.3

Discussion on Motorola technologies, including programming, tutorials, schematics, requests for help and new releases etc
Forum rules
***NOTE*** This forum and its content are not endorsed in any way by the vendor and users are advised to exercise caution when viewing and/or acting on any information contained within. We accept no responsibility for your devices and strongly warn you to check your warranty conditions and seek expert advice before proceeding.
christopher

ASTRO Saber & XTS 3000 CPS V 5.3

Post by christopher »

hello

im trying to run the ASTRO Saber & XTS 3000 CPS version 5.3 on my computer but im getting an error message saying "' the system can not find the file specified'"

as reading the specs file txt for the program saying it supports vista

im running windows 8.1 on a 64 bit operating system

and iv tried the capability option before running the program and nothing is working

any one having this problem
railscan

Re: ASTRO Saber & XTS 3000 CPS V 5.3

Post by railscan »

"im running windows 8.1 on a 64 bit operating system"

There's your problem.

R
christopher

Post by christopher »

are you sure ... because it did not work on windows 7 32 bit aswel
railscan

Post by railscan »

christopher wrote:are you sure ... because it did not work on windows 7 32 bit aswel
Reasonably sure. That CPS is fairly old and was not designed to work on the newer OS. I maybe wrong of course but my experience is that some software packages will not work properly on WIN7/8. Did you try running it as Administrator?

I have able to get around this problem on a couple of occasion in the past doing it that way. As I said I will stand corrected on this, because it has been many, many years since I used that CPS.

R