A couple of new users noticed on the Vic SMR

Enthusiast discussion on trunked radio networks, protocols including MPT1327, TETRA, EDACS, SMARTNET - as well as talk group ID's
turbine_prop

A couple of new users noticed on the Vic SMR

Post by turbine_prop »

Hi all.

Having a day in the office today with the scanners and T/V running in the background and my ears pricked up when I heard what appeared to be a regional ESTA operator talking to a warrnambool unit that I have not heard before

Regional ESTA User I.D 6313 ( The usual Esta is 6315 ) the warrnambool unit in question was 7528

I also heard the same ESTA unit talking to an unknown HEMS user 7530 about an RV with the the warrnambool unit in question was 7528.

I also copied Knox Rescue with user 4189 talking to SES Dispatch 4185 I also heard and saw an Alex support come up with a user I.D. of 5505

Regards
Wayne
Melbourne.
Regards
Wayne
Melbourne
ozradio

Re: A couple of new users noticed on the Vic SMR

Post by ozradio »

It isn't necessarily new users coming onto the VIC SMR. Every single radio has it's own SMR ID number and each ESTA operator has access to several, as such it could be as simple as a new radio being connected to the ESTA communications panel system.

From the description you have given I would tend to suspect the Warnanbool unit you heard was an ambulance unit communicating with an ESTA operator who was arranging a meeting point with the air ambulance (HEMS is the vic air ambulance). With Knox rescue and SES dispatch being active as well it is possible that this was a road crash rescue that you heard the traffic for as the stations you heard would all be involved in a road rescue. The only stations that you wouldn't hear on the SMR network would be the CFA as they use their own dedicated network (RMR) and the police which use their own repeater network across all regional areas of the state.
ozradio
Simoco SRM9030Plus TU Band, SRM9030Plus AC Band, SRM9005 AC Band, SRM9022 TU Band
Tait T2000II, Barrett Crystal Locked HF Set, Uniden 80 Channel UHF
Pumper_50

Re: A couple of new users noticed on the Vic SMR

Post by Pumper_50 »

Just a slight correction.

CFA make use of thr new RMR Network, existing VHF Voting Network and some aspects use SMR.

Victoria Police whilst using their own VHF Voting Network in rural areas (until 2017) also make use of the SMR Network, for the moment.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk