Newcastle

This forum is a collective database of frequencies and information (callsigns, talk group ID's, channel allocations etc) for New South Wales
luxxy82

Newcastle

Post by luxxy82 »

Hello anyone. Can anyone help me out with the uniden 396xt how do I do the quick keys and. Close call and. Can u get the ses on this scanner. If so what are the frequencys and. Can u pickup tow trucks. And what's the frequencies they use and what's. Some funny and intersting frequencys to pick up thanks in advance
railscan

Re: Newcastle

Post by railscan »

luxxy82 wrote:Hello anyone. Can anyone help me out with the uniden 396xt how do I do the quick keys and. Close call and. Can u get the ses on this scanner. If so what are the frequencys and. Can u pickup tow trucks. And what's the frequencies they use and what's. Some funny and intersting frequencys to pick up thanks in advance
First and foremost, please do not take this personally, however some of your post are a little presumptuous. Generally speaking it is not the done thing to post a message asking for this, asking for that and then some. Especially generic questions like can I pick up tow trucks? I don't know, can you? Are you strong enough? Towing service generally operate across many bands, some can be received, others such as TRBO and NXDN cannot. Also trying searching the ACMA database for specific users at

http://web.acma.gov.au/pls/radcom/regis ... .main_page

If you are new to the hobby and I assume you are, then the experienced amongst us are willing to provide some help, but their is an expectation that you are going to do some homework as well. One important thing is to learn or at least make an effort to learn how your scanner works. Buying the radio then expecting someone else that has made the effort to simply send you the profile for the scanner is a bit rude.

Finally, there a numerous forums available to those within the hobby, many have frequency lists in abundance. Try to locate some of these forums, such as this one and join.

Some may disagree with this post, some may not. I hope you take it in the spirit it is intended. By the way I have been around the hobby in excess of 40 years and in a previous lifetime help maybe hundreds with frequency requests and programming issues, so I am not someone talks without the walk.

R
youngn
Forum Manager

Post by youngn »

railscan wrote:others such as TRBO and NXDN cannot
I agree with your post :D except I would like to clarify that TRBO and NXDN (unencrypted) can be listened to, it just requires a computer along with a scanner (that is capable of discriminator audio out) and a bit of experimentation of course...
"YOUNGN"
luxxy82

Post by luxxy82 »

PLEASE HELP ME
railscan

Post by railscan »

youngn wrote:
railscan wrote:others such as TRBO and NXDN cannot
I agree with your post :D except I would like to clarify that TRBO and NXDN (unencrypted) can be listened to, it just requires a computer along with a scanner (that is capable of discriminator audio out) and a bit of experimentation of course...
Agreed re the digital modes, but given his new status (stated on other forums) I was trying to avoid going down that path for fear of complicating things. Small steps....

R
railscan

Post by railscan »

luxxy82 wrote:PLEASE HELP ME
Check your PM's.

R