QPS radio - URGENT

Bennjarr

QPS radio - URGENT

Post by Bennjarr »

Has anyone heard Urgent called over police radio any where in qld. if so could you please tell me what was happening.

Thanks
Last edited by Bennjarr on Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
rochedalescan
Founder

Re: QPS radio - URGENT

Post by rochedalescan »

What area ?
Shane Logan
Aussiescanners Founder

Australia's Premier Communications forum!
~ Please contact Phil for administration enquiries ~
Bennjarr

Post by Bennjarr »

Any where
mstrkrft

Post by mstrkrft »

Is this a general question or about a current incident?
Bennjarr

Post by Bennjarr »

Just a general question
leighbus

Post by leighbus »

Happens all the time, for example say a pursuit started the unit would say over the radio something like " tango 407 vkr urgent" it basically means for the operator to stop any current conversations with other units and give them priority.
Comint

Post by Comint »

Bennjarr wrote:Has anyone heard Urgent called over police radio any where in qld. if so could you please tell me what was happening.

Thanks, Jarrod
Over the years, I have heard the Urgent call a number of times. It is generally used when there is a lot of radio traffic, and a crew has a genuine need to "jump the queue". In one case the crew urgently required the QAS to attend, to treat a member of the public who had been attacked with a broken beer bottle, and was bleeding badly.

--
Comint
Vkfour

Post by Vkfour »

Police are an emergency service. Urgent calls are a daily occurrence in some places, but in quieter places, you may have to listen for a while. As stated, if a crew calls URGENT, they are given priority.
erikn

Post by erikn »

leighbus wrote:Happens all the time, for example say a pursuit started the unit would say over the radio something like " tango 407 vkr urgent" it basically means for the operator to stop any current conversations with other units and give them priority.
That's pretty much spot on, only the 'tango 4xx' would vary depending on the unit callsign that calls in urgent. Last time I heard a unit call urgent was a Lima unit asking for assistance at a Marsden party gone feral a couple weeks back.
This user has retired from the forum.
Stretch
Forum Manager

Post by Stretch »

Happens all the time...nothing really to get excited about.
Mitch Rogers
railsquad77

Post by railsquad77 »

You get a few on weekends if its busy and going off somewhere like Logan or southern gold coast as stretch said nothing to get excited about

Sent from my GT-I8730 using Tapatalk 4
550vkr

Post by 550vkr »

yep urgent means ALL OTHER UNITS STAND BY ...or stfu High Priority ....now if u hear """401-vkr "urgent" need assist" that means send units code 1 or 2 to 401s location meanwhile vkr will immediately respond urgent can priority over triple 0 calls if need be .. it happens once in awhile in bundy usually when an officer is seriously assaulted like gbh type shit
gasgrassorarse

Post by gasgrassorarse »

I hear the call "URGENT" from time to time, usually in cases where something is happening now, a vehicle chase, or serious accidents etc, or the "URGENT ASSISTANCE" call which is heard more often, usually when an offender is going off and the police unit responding requires urgent assistance from another crew.
Vkfour

Post by Vkfour »

On other occasions, the PCC operator will ask units to standby unless urgent because they are tied up with other matters. Occasionally URGENT calls will be made by crews which really aren't that important and could have waited a minute or two.