Uniden UBCD436PT

Discussion on Uniden technologies, including programming, tutorials, schematics, requests for help and new releases etc
Forum rules
***NOTE*** This forum and its content are not endorsed in any way by the vendor and users are advised to exercise caution when viewing and/or acting on any information contained within. We accept no responsibility for your devices and strongly warn you to check your warranty conditions and seek expert advice before proceeding.
rothackerben8

Uniden UBCD436PT

Post by rothackerben8 »

G'day everyone,

For about a year now I have owned a Uniden UCBD436PT handheld P25 Scanner. I program this regularly for different reasons, and I hate the 'Sentinal' program that comes with it. There are no shortcuts and no function for integrating with online sources. Can someone suggest a better program, if there are any others.

Cheers, Ben
VK3FXBR
APX2500, XTL5000, XTS2500 UBCD436PT, UBC73XLT, SRM9000 (9022) +DMAP, Codan 9323 + 9350, Motorola MCS2000 UHF+VHF, TP9100, TM9100, TM8200, DM3400, IC-718, FT 70-D
VK3RX

Re: Uniden UBCD436PT

Post by VK3RX »

I have a BCD436HP (U.S) version and use ARC536PRO with it and no problems.

However ... when I bought a UBCD536PT I had problems programming it with ARC536PRO, despite it supposedly working with both the HP & PT versions. It changed values when writing to the radio and caused other odd things.

A mate who is very familiar with these scanners recommended to me to only use Sentinel for the PT versions of the radios. He too had problems with ARC536PRO with our PT versions, and now only uses Sentinel.
Xplorer

Post by Xplorer »

I do use Sentinel and have no problems with it.
Excel is one of your best friends to sort the data before copy and paste into Sentinel.

I have paid for ProScan that allows you to easily import from RR to only the 436HP and 3600XLT models.
That was up until 2mths ago where ProScan did not work with the Australia 436-PT model.
I can't confirm it anymore as I sold the scanner and opted for the other variants.

ProScan comes with a 30day trial period, so give it a go.
If it still doesn't work with the PT model, there is a way around it.
Using ProScan, import the data you want from RR to a Favourites List.
Export the Favourites List to your desktop in a "HPE" format
Open up Sentinel, and import the HPE file to re-create the Favourites List.

I also use FreeScan from my BCD396XT days, which is a free scanner software that also imports from RR.
It also allows you to export any favourites list to CSV, where you edit using excel and copy and paste into Sentinel.
Blake

Post by Blake »

Yep, Same here.
Sentinel has a steep learning curve, and it took me ages to wrap my head around, but once you've got it, it's quite easy to use.
I have used BuTel Arc 536 Pro before with no problems on my 436-PT.
Its probably more beginner friendly, but whatever bloats your goat.