HELP! UBCD325P2

Discussion on Uniden technologies, including programming, tutorials, schematics, requests for help and new releases etc
Forum rules
***NOTE*** This forum and its content are not endorsed in any way by the vendor and users are advised to exercise caution when viewing and/or acting on any information contained within. We accept no responsibility for your devices and strongly warn you to check your warranty conditions and seek expert advice before proceeding.
GLS1
Newly Registered Users

HELP! UBCD325P2

Post by GLS1 »

I Need Help.

I have bought a UBCD325P2, as I was told it was plug and play for NSW RFS. I have no idea how to work it.
Do I have to program it?

TIA

:shock:
Blake

Re: HELP! UBCD325P2

Post by Blake »

Well mate, first off, congrats on the new purchase.
I popped on a 325P2-AU a couple of months ago, and wow, it's great. :D

I'm not from NSW, so I can't comment on their systems.
But when I got mine, put it this way, the second thing I did was wipe the factory preinstalled systems. :lol:
After looking at them (the systems), not only were they (what I believed incorrect), but strangely (to me) organised.

Theoretically it should work, kinda???
But programming it yourself gives YOU all the control, all the flexibility.
You can put in exactly what YOU want, how you want, where you want.

My advice would be to program it yourself, but that's IMO.

Hope this helps mate.
Any other queries, don't hesitate to ask.
X-Firey

Post by X-Firey »

As Blake stated the UBCD325P2-AU is a great unit and it is best if you read up on it and program it yourself. All the info is out there and freely available.

May I suggest you download the FreeSCAN computer software (Ver 2.18) as it is as it states free and it is easy to use. If you aren't keen on that approach you might also like to check out OZscan and see what he can offer in the way of files for the 325-P2. It will cost you though and you will need FreeSCAN...

I'm also not from NSW so I'm unable to help you with anything specific to the RFS. You may have better luck asking in the Region Specific Discussion section of this site.

Happy Scanning...
GLS1
Newly Registered Users

Post by GLS1 »

Thanks so much for the suggestions. Unfortunately, it looks as if freeSCAN only works on Windows? As this is aMAC only household, I'm hoping you might be able to suggest something compatible?
Phantom
Forum Manager

Post by Phantom »

Use a VM on Mac - should work
Air493

Post by Air493 »

I could Mac jokes, but I'm not going to...

On the subject at hand, where are you in NSW?

Your location will determine whether RFS is on GRN in your area, or the PMR system, either anaolog or P25.
lwh088

Post by lwh088 »

I just went out and bought 2x of these units today... Just opened one, all the preset stuff was the first thing I did... Now the programming begins!! I will have full NSW RFS & FRNSW into both units by dinner time.
Cheers,

Luke

Uniden ubcd325-P2, ubcd396t, Icom IC400pro Tait TP9100 T2020 Motorola MOTOTRBO DM3600
bathurstscan

Post by bathurstscan »

Guys I maybe able to help . Tell
Me which towns you are wanting to listen too .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk