Where to Buy Uniden UBCD436PT

Discussion on Uniden technologies, including programming, tutorials, schematics, requests for help and new releases etc
Forum rules
***NOTE*** This forum and its content are not endorsed in any way by the vendor and users are advised to exercise caution when viewing and/or acting on any information contained within. We accept no responsibility for your devices and strongly warn you to check your warranty conditions and seek expert advice before proceeding.
NoahMcM

Where to Buy Uniden UBCD436PT

Post by NoahMcM »

Hi all,

This whole scanning thing has me really hooked!

I recently purchased the Uniden UBC126AT and it's really a fantastic tool to have while plane-spotting! I ordered a Diamond SRH77CA from the US (it seems to be taking a tour in America or at least that's what I can deduce from its online tracking) for it as well, still yet to arrive.

Unfortunately there isn't a whole lot to listen to in my area... There's the dispatch-like service of a taxi company and Chinese music to name a few, but that's it.

I looked online and sort of fell in the love with the look of the Uniden BC436HP but it became obvious that that was the American model and the only way to get it would be to import it from the States.

Then, I found the Uniden UBCD436PT on Uniden Australia's website. I can only deduce that this is the Australian region model. However, it says that the item is exclusive to Pacific Telecommunications but I can't find the scanner on their website.

I see in other threads/replies that some of you actually own this scanner. Can I just ask if anyone knows where I can buy it (and if the price isn't available on the web -- the price)? I really don't want to import it to Australia.

Thanks for the help in advance!
chainz

Re: Where to Buy Uniden UBCD436PT

Post by chainz »

You can't. It's only available to cfa members at this time, and they have a very limited amount aswell. I have the 436 that I imported from the states

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
NoahMcM

Post by NoahMcM »

chainz wrote:You can't. It's only available to cfa members at this time, and they have a very limited amount aswell. I have the 436 that I imported from the states

Ahh I see. I noticed that Uniden New Zealand also have the UBCD436PT and that their product page also talks about it being designed around the CFA. I wonder if that holds true in New Zealand then. I mean, why list a product on your site when you don't sell it?

Anyway, looks like I'll be importing one from the states. Do you like it?
chainz

Post by chainz »

I went from the 396xt to this because you can fit alot more stuff in it. Works fine for me

nirvana

Post by nirvana »

When are the ubcd436pt `s going to be available to the public in Australia ?

Can anyone legally import and use one ,at the moment ?

Reading up on this model , It seems a good unit to have. Pricey , but worth it.

Are they pretty much ready to turn on , select the region you want to listen to and off you go ? Are they easy to use if you are like me and are used to the 396xt ?

Thanks.

Nirvana
railscan

Post by railscan »

nirvana wrote:When are the ubcd436pt `s going to be available to the public in Australia ?
Can anyone legally import and use one ,at the moment ?
Reading up on this model , It seems a good unit to have. Pricey , but worth it.
Are they pretty much ready to turn on , select the region you want to listen to and off you go ? Are they easy to use if you are like me and are used to the 396xt ? Thanks. Nirvana
The UBCD436PT will not be available to the public for 2 years. The only source is Pacific Telecommunications as they 'own' the unit, it is not for Uniden to sell them, as per the notation on Uniden's website. They cannot be imported from the US or anywhere else because they do not exist anywhere else. There is of course the US version (BCD436HP) as mentioned elsewhere.

If PacTel decide to sell them within the 2 year embargo then so be it that is their choice - not Uniden's. The Uniden brand name is on them, Uniden made them but as I said PacTel own them, so to speak.

R
nirvana

Post by nirvana »

Thanks ,railscan.

Something to look forward to .

Nirvana
vkcpolice

Post by vkcpolice »

I have a Imported one from the US and soon to Get a PT From my brigade i have already played around with the PT its The same Radio Not exactly an Australian Version Just Pre Programmed with CFA Channels to help out the average user
Peroco65
Newly Registered Users

Post by Peroco65 »

I just saw the UBCD436pt for sale on the Prestige Communications site?????
I think they have made a mistake because the link says ubcd396xt.

http://www.prestigecom.net.au/uniden-ub ... al-scanner
railscan

Post by railscan »

Peroco65 wrote:I just saw the UBCD436pt for sale on the Prestige Communications site?????
It is possible as PacTel have decided to release the unit early. Start saving those pennys.

R
Last edited by railscan on Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
blacktown
Forum Manager

Post by blacktown »

It looks that way
The Uniden 396 appears to be have been replaced by "Uniden UBCD436PT XT Digital Scanner" at $691.90 (which is way above what a 396 costs new)
I think those fires on the Ocean coast road may have forced a rethink
Peroco65
Newly Registered Users

Post by Peroco65 »

I contacted Prestige this morning. The were released this week.
Pumper_50

Post by Pumper_50 »

Peroco65 wrote:I just saw the UBCD436pt for sale on the Prestige Communications site?????

Check again. The 436PT has been removed from the Prestige website.

However the 325P2-AU has appeared on there.

http://www.prestigecom.net.au/uniden-bc ... ld-scanner

Frankly I think all this is doing is to dick around and confuse the local market.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
dags19

Post by dags19 »

i can get the American version Uniden Bearcat BCD325P2 Police Scanner for about 623 australian
Last edited by dags19 on Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
railscan

Post by railscan »

dags19 wrote:i can get the American version of the Uniden Bearcat BCD325P2 Police Scanner for about 623 australian
There was an error in the listing. The UBCD436PT is still subject to the embargo. Someone got their models mixed up.

R
vkcpolice

Post by vkcpolice »

I rang them today and was told that they would have the 436-pt available in stock in 2 weeks? the guy on the phone must of stuffed up aswell. you can get a BCD352p2 of ebay for $500 http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Uniden-Bearc ... Swl8NVgIiU who cares if its American its gonna need programming anyway if people are that desperate for a 436 just import one theres really not gonna be much of a difference
lolbananalol2

Post by lolbananalol2 »

vkcpolice wrote:I rang them today and was told that they would have the 436-pt available in stock in 2 weeks? the guy on the phone must of stuffed up aswell. you can get a BCD352p2 of ebay for $500 http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Uniden-Bearc ... Swl8NVgIiU who cares if its American its gonna need programming anyway if people are that desperate for a 436 just import one theres really not gonna be much of a difference
Yay!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lolbananalol2

Post by lolbananalol2 »

Does anyone know the exact date of when it will be released?

railscan

Post by railscan »

At this stage October 2017.

R
lolbananalol2

Post by lolbananalol2 »

Just found the Uniden BCD436PT on the prestige communications website.