Scanning your work channel at work

If you have something to say that just doesn't fit into any of the forums above, then post it here, remember to keep it PG rated for the kids
tanger32au

Scanning your work channel at work

Post by tanger32au »

Question:
Does anybody use a scanner at work to listen to your works radio channel? I have my own office so have my scanner on my desk during the day while I am working with the volume low and hidden out of view. I scan a wide range of channels including the channel used by a different department of my work place.

Nobody has said anything about it but I just wanted to check if it was something that could get me in trouble?
blacktown
Forum Manager

Re: Scanning your work channel at work

Post by blacktown »

So long as you are discrete and keep it to yourself I cant see an issue
However if I was listening to the work radio (i have a Motorola P25 base radio on the desk), then reproduce it on a forum such as this one, particularly if the comments adversely reflected on the organisation i work for, or alternatively if i reproduce what is seen as "commercial-in-confidence" information ie radio profile data, or say reproduce internal radio ids / callsigns, then one might be skating on very thin ice.
At the end of the day not worth loosing one's job for a scanning post
Radio_Australia

Re: Scanning your work channel at work

Post by Radio_Australia »

Lawfully or in a workplace tribunal I can not see an issue with it ,

that's only of course your the boss and not an employee, meaning it could be used against you if its " disrupting " your work you do at a workplace as an employee.