Region 12 RMR Now Online

Communications scanning & radio related discussion for Victoria, covering Melbourne, the Grampians, Gippsland, Loddon Mallee etc
vkcpolice

Region 12 RMR Now Online

Post by vkcpolice »

Hi ive noticed that the new RMR network is now online with region 12 , 2 and 15 testing and using it.

here is a quick vid of the cfa in region 2 doing radio checks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogpw7k6TPxw
chainz

Re: Region 12 RMR Now Online

Post by chainz »

Yup region 15 went live today

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
vkcpolice

Post by vkcpolice »

just heard region 2 go live today. my fear is how long till the police start using this network with encryption
Pumper_50

Post by Pumper_50 »

There has already been meetings where both AV and VicPol have queried how CFA / Telstra / Motorola are going with the RMR installation. It was a loose question at the end of a meeting, and possibilities were raised and loosely discussed.

VicPol are getting keener and keener to sort a resolution for the 'pirate' issues they've been experiencing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
vkcpolice

Post by vkcpolice »

Pirate issues? also im in the process of slowly hand programing all of the rmr in my radio. once done and i find my programing cable will gladly share
Pumper_50

Post by Pumper_50 »

Yes 'pirate' issues.

Unauthorised users on their frequencies hijacking them and hindering Police communications.

There has been a fair amount of it, more so in the last 18-24 months.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk
shawno

Post by shawno »

Hi guys just been playing around and Districts 2,12 &15 is booming in on 168.1125 im on the mornington Peninsula and just using my Hand held when i plug it in to the Discone the Signal strength goes to full audio is clear as a bell im very happy with my self getting it going for a beginner to digital
vkcpolice

Post by vkcpolice »

Ive noticed as well unauthorized ppl talking on police ch's its pretty bad ppl just buy a $50 Chinese radio of ebay.

cant find my programing cable will have to buy a new one maybe someone might beat me to making a file of all the rmr sites? ive also noticed that the analogue ch's are still working and what ever is on the analogue goes through on the digital so there must be a fair few tankers out there still using analogue radio's and its just been relayed on rmr.

i can hear region 2 , 12 and 15 of pretty sally