SILVERCOMMS SWITCHING TO DMR TIER III (TRUNKED TRBO)

Communications scanning & radio related discussion for Victoria, covering Melbourne, the Grampians, Gippsland, Loddon Mallee etc
blacktown
Forum Manager

SILVERCOMMS SWITCHING TO DMR TIER III (TRUNKED TRBO)

Post by blacktown »

This has just been posted today on radiocomms.com.au

http://www.radiocomms.com.au/news/64554 ... ne-network

At a quick glance on the acma database the low 400Mhz mpt1327 network appears to be getting replaced by this new TRUNKED TRBO network located between 480mhz and 510mhz, similar to the Orion system we have here in NSW

I am in Sydney so i cant monitor unfortunately

Blacktown
turbine_prop

Re: SILVERCOMMS SWITCHING TO DMR TIER III (TRUNKED TRBO)

Post by turbine_prop »

incredible, not that I was a great listener of the Silvercomm MPT1327 network BUT............ just one less thing again to listen to.

Rgs
Turbine_prop
Regards
Wayne
Melbourne
brisescannerdude

Post by brisescannerdude »

blacktown wrote:This has just been posted today on radiocomms.com.au

http://www.radiocomms.com.au/news/64554 ... ne-network

At a quick glance on the acma database the low 400Mhz mpt1327 network appears to be getting replaced by this new TRUNKED TRBO network located between 480mhz and 510mhz, similar to the Orion system we have here in NSW

I am in Sydney so i cant monitor unfortunately

Blacktown
Trunked Tait DMR network - second one I have read about in Australia in many months that has been published.

Also Motorola trunk solution is not DMR trunking standard - they are to different beasts, moto trunking is not compatable with dmr trunking and vis versa at this point in time.
Pumper_50

Post by Pumper_50 »

Warrnambool Radio Taxis picked a Simoco Xd Tier II DMR for its new system last year.

They don't have an overly large fleet though.
blacktown
Forum Manager

AUSTRALIA GRAND PRIX GOING DMR

Post by blacktown »

This will be of interest to you folk in Melbourne

Leading radio manufacturer, Simoco will supply over 800 portable radios, as well as system infrastructure and accessories to support this year’s Australian Grand Prix, to be held in Melbourne from 13th-16th March 2014.

Utilised prior to, during and post race, Simoco DMR radios will be used by the Australian Grand Prix Corporation and many contractors involved in staging this high profile event.

From their blurb

"It’s critical that organisers and contractors are able to communicate with team members, race marshals, security staff and other workers to ensure that the event runs safely and successfully. The fact that Simoco provides a reliable rental radio solution means that companies involved with the event can access high quality communications equipment on a short term basis.”

“Simoco also has proven experience in managing end to end communications at large scale complex events so can give expert guidance and 24/7 support when we need it.”

Simoco has been working at the site since late January when the Australian Grand Prix Corporation began to implement the first phase of operations to support the event build teams.

http://www.dmr-applications.com/20594/n ... grand-prix