Having troubles in shepparton receiving anything!

Communications scanning & radio related discussion for Victoria, covering Melbourne, the Grampians, Gippsland, Loddon Mallee etc
madams87

Post by madams87 »

I just brought myself a ubc93xlt as it was on sale. ive programmed in the frequencys as posted here
http://www.aussiescanners.com/forum/vie ... 222&t=4581
but im not getting anything? ive been threw the manual, ive pressed the scan button and adjusted the squelch to start the scan but it just keeps scanning and scanning and im hearing nothing. is there any thing im missing, has shepparton police moved to digital? im not sure what the go is any help would be appreciated!
Comint

Re: Having troubles in shepparton receiving anything!

Post by Comint »

madams87 wrote:I just brought myself a ubc93xlt as it was on sale. ive programmed in the frequencys as posted here
http://www.aussiescanners.com/forum/vie ... 222&t=4581
but im not getting anything? ive been threw the manual, ive pressed the scan button and adjusted the squelch to start the scan but it just keeps scanning and scanning and im hearing nothing. is there any thing im missing, has shepparton police moved to digital? im not sure what the go is any help would be appreciated!
Try 164.0375 MHz.

--
Comint
madams87

Post by madams87 »

164.0375 works! so far have not got anything on 165.0875 or 165.9875, Thanks :)
Comint

Post by Comint »

madams87 wrote:164.0375 works! so far have not got anything on 165.0875 or 165.9875, Thanks :)
164.0375 is in the centre of Shepparton.

The other two frequencies are on Mt Major, which is about 27 km East of Shepparton, and are actually part of the SMR MPT1327 Trunked Radio System (SysID 59D9).

There is also supposed to be an SMR Site in Shepparton (SysID unknown), with the following frequencies:-
164.2875, 164.5000, 164.7125, and 164.9375,
but it is probably a bit early for you to be worrying about that, as it requires a bit more equipment to monitor properly.

--
Comint
spectreman

Post by spectreman »

Howdi, I live in Shepparton myself.

The freqs I most often liten to are:-
police = 164.0375
CFA = 163.100
Ambo = 412.475

Also, try scanning between 164 & 166MHz, you will definately pick up SMR traffic.
There are two local SMR sites on Mt Wombat & Mt Major.

UHF CB channels 9 to 16 are usually pretty active during working hours with local company traffic.

Cheers, Chris.
madams87

Post by madams87 »

Thanks guys ill try all those :)
madams87

Post by madams87 »

In the shepparton cbd I have the channel 164.037 for shepparton police but not much seems to go you hear shepparton police now and again but there must be more going on in the area with the police or is shepparton criminally quieter than I thought ?? It's more wangaratta, wodonga, and wallan!
BevlyJ

Post by BevlyJ »

madams87 wrote:In the shepparton cbd I have the channel 164.037 for shepparton police but not much seems to go you hear shepparton police now and again but there must be more going on in the area with the police or is shepparton criminally quieter than I thought ?? It's more wangaratta, wodonga, and wallan!

I'm trying to program a UBCD396XT and on a scan I'm only getting Albury police. Sounds as if we both need the Wangaratta freq., I have followed all advice given to me and am still not able to get what I need, ie-: police, ambos, ses, and fire. :(
UBCD396XT
madams87

Post by madams87 »

You in shepp? Use the above code. I am getting some shepp stuff it's on the wang freq. but it just seems more stuff would be happening in the area
BevlyJ

Post by BevlyJ »

madams87 wrote:You in shepp? Use the above code. I am getting some shepp stuff it's on the wang freq. but it just seems more stuff would be happening in the area
About 35kms. north of Shep, it seems a lot of the police now days use mobile phones, but thanks I'll try that frequency.
UBCD396XT
Comint

Post by Comint »

BevlyJ wrote:I'm trying to program a UBCD396XT and on a scan I'm only getting Albury police. Sounds as if we both need the Wangaratta freq., I have followed all advice given to me and am still not able to get what I need, ie-: police, ambos, ses, and fire. :(
Wangaratta is, or was, the Communications Centre for the whole P District, as shown on the attached diagram, so naturally you will hear a lot of other locations.
SMR_map_2009-02-09.jpeg
I don't know if the Wangaratta Communications Centre is still operational, or whether it is all managed by the new ESTA Mt Helen Communications Centre in Ballarat, but I believe the Districts concept is still been used.

--
Comint
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
vkcpolice

Post by vkcpolice »

Vkc Wangaratta Coms is gone its all esta now :( take out esta takes out 80% of the states communications. you can thank ted balui for that
BevlyJ

Post by BevlyJ »

vkcpolice wrote:Vkc Wangaratta Coms is gone its all esta now :( take out esta takes out 80% of the states communications. you can thank ted balui for that
Communications went from Bendigo D24 then to Wangaratta, & now that has closed too?? Mr.Balui has heaps to answer for.
I shall keep plodding along with my new one, didnt spend all of that money to sit and look pretty. :lol:
UBCD396XT
Pumper_50

Post by Pumper_50 »

Actually the plans to close and centralise comms happened long before Ted got the Premiers gig.
Comint

Post by Comint »

BevlyJ wrote:I'm trying to program a UBCD396XT and on a scan I'm only getting Albury police. Sounds as if we both need the Wangaratta freq., I have followed all advice given to me and am still not able to get what I need, ie-: police, ambos, ses, and fire. :(
I believe the SES frequency is 468.6250 MHz,
and the CFA frequencies are
163.1000 MHz Dispatch, and
Local (Simplex):
161.1500 MHz - Main
161.0375 MHz - GoTo 1
160.9875 MHz - GoTo 2

~~~~~~

You say you are about 35 km North of Shepparton.
I hope you are using an external antenna, and not just relying on the antenna that came with the scanner.

--
Comint
BevlyJ

Post by BevlyJ »

For the moment I am just using the Ariel on the scanner, that is until such times as someone going to Shep can pick up the external for me.
UBCD396XT
Comint

Post by Comint »

BevlyJ wrote:For the moment I am just using the Ariel on the scanner, that is until such times as someone going to Shep can pick up the external for me.
As a general rule of thumb, I don't expect to receive a reliable signal ( steady "full quieting") over about 12 km, when using a scanner with its supplied antenna.

Comint
BevlyJ

Post by BevlyJ »

madams87 wrote:In the shepparton cbd I have the channel 164.037 for shepparton police but not much seems to go you hear shepparton police now and again but there must be more going on in the area with the police or is shepparton criminally quieter than I thought ?? It's more wangaratta, wodonga, and wallan!

I've been given these 2 to try for police in our area----467.875 and 469.400
UBCD396XT
Comint

Post by Comint »

BevlyJ wrote:I've been given these 2 to try for police in our area----467.875 and 469.400
A search of the ACMA Database, only shows 3 occurrences of 467.8750, for the whole of Victoria:-
Epping,
Greensborough, and
Darley (near Bacchus Marsh),

and 2 occurrences of 469.400:-
Cranbourne, and
Lake Mountain.

None of which appear to be anywhere near your area. And any NSW frequencies are even further away.

--
Comint
madams87

Post by madams87 »

Listening again today. It sounds like freakin glenrowan has more going on than shepparton