New QLD Police Chopper

alinco21

New QLD Police Chopper

Post by alinco21 »

Hi,
The new QLD Police chopper got off the ground today from Water Police Main Beach.

Heard it on 119.000 MHz calling it'self as "Pol Air" no aviation VH- call sign given.

Nothing on the normal QPS bands as yet. I stand corrected they are looking for a car - called "Pol Air One" on QPS freq.

Channel 7 chopper was filming it (VH-BTV)

Cheers
Paul.
alinco21

Re: New QLD Police Chopper

Post by alinco21 »

It's back on the ground now at Main Beach. 119.000 MHz
bodyguard

Post by bodyguard »

ahh Paul you lucky bugger :)
is 119.000 a used goldie freq ? (not sure on the aero stuff down there)

Might have to add that freq on an off chance
Cheers
BG

UBC9000XLT, UBCT8, BCT15X, UBC92XLT, Kenwood R-5000, PSR-410 , KG-UVD1P
Phantom
Forum Manager

Post by Phantom »

I can't recall but I am sure that 119.0 is the Southport CTAF and 119.9 is the dedicated air/ground freq for QPS.

I can't get onto the ACMA website - down for maintenance atm.
alinco21

Post by alinco21 »

119.000 MHz is the MTAF for Southport, goes as far south as the Q1 then they are in controlled airspace. Not to sure on how far it goes north but have hear them calling around jumpin pin area. Heard nothing on 119.900MHz.
Comint

Post by Comint »

orangepeel wrote:I can't recall but I am sure that . . . 119.9 is the dedicated air/ground freq for QPS.
119.1 and 131.6 are the aeronautical frequencies licensed to QPS.

--
Comint
Phantom
Forum Manager

Post by Phantom »

Thanks for the correction.
railsquad77

Post by railsquad77 »

QPS Callsign Pol Air 45

was having comms problems last week tried calling 4 times no answer
3hrs in the sky Thur to Mon was bouncing back between Coomera and Gold Coast channels

Steve
railsquad77

Post by railsquad77 »

ok scap above comms has decided on Golf 700 only problem chopper crew goes from pol air 1 to pol air 45 but wont answer g700 funny that
alinco21

Post by alinco21 »

funny that other states call their chopper Pol Air ...... QLD has to do something else.
Pumper_50

New QLD Police Chopper

Post by Pumper_50 »

I think you'll find each state under ASA ATC guidelines that has aircraft has a unique 'Pol-Air' prefix for use on the VHF Airband.

They may use whatever callsign they wish on their own service radio system, but on aviation bands are pretty much compelled to use 'Pol-Air'.

The original intention of 131.6MHz was for it to be a nationwide 'company' like allocated Police Air Wing frequency.

I think NSW just use Pol-Air on all radio networks?

Victoria uses several call-sign structures over all the bands it accesses (Police, Ambulance, Aviation, etc).

Obviously there are always exceptions to the rule for whatever reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
alinco21

Post by alinco21 »

Well they are using it this afternoon and Pol Air was what it was answering to - who would know.
coreyofawesome
Newly Registered Users

Post by coreyofawesome »

From what I gather they jut jump on any districts channel they happen to be in at the time, I've always heard them using Pol-Air1
Stretch
Forum Manager

New QLD Police Chopper

Post by Stretch »

coreyofawesome wrote:From what I gather they jut jump on any districts channel they happen to be in at the time, I've always heard them using Pol-Air1
Great first post....no not really, that was a shocking first post. Why not go over to the introduction section and maybe....introduce yourself instead of bringing up random old topics with a comment that doesn't even help the thread in any way shape or form.

Cheers,
Mitch
Mitch Rogers
SteveO

Post by SteveO »

Stretch wrote:
coreyofawesome wrote:From what I gather they jut jump on any districts channel they happen to be in at the time, I've always heard them using Pol-Air1
Great first post....no not really, that was a shocking first post. Why not go over to the introduction section and maybe....introduce yourself instead of bringing up random old topics with a comment that doesn't even help the thread in any way shape or form.

Cheers,
Mitch
That is correct. I have listened to them a few times on the Logan channel communicating to VKR and the ground crews giving directions etc.
Steve
railsquad77

Post by railsquad77 »

Forgot the chopper guys now using Westpac spare chopper which is not running at night due to night vision issues
Its funny every night the old bell was on the radio always doing jobs in Logan and Gold Coast now nothing the police air wing don't feel right flying the Westpac
guess we will have to put up with it till the tender comes out in Sep Oct for a permeant chopper hopefully the old Heliwest guys get it they have the experance and airwing worked well side by side.

Steve
quidifa8186

Post by quidifa8186 »

There was a police incident that occurred in Logan district in the last week. Polair played a vital role in the safe resolution of the incident using thermal imaging, so they must have it sorted now..
railsquad77

Post by railsquad77 »

Yeh it seems to be working have heard them logging on to Gold Coast/Coomera/Logan Comms the best thing they got was that fellow at ormeau railway station pointing a laser at them. he went to court this week and will be sentence soon
res

Post by res »

railsquad77 wrote:Forgot the chopper guys now using Westpac spare chopper which is not running at night due to night vision issues
Its funny every night the old bell was on the radio always doing jobs in Logan and Gold Coast now nothing the police air wing don't feel right flying the Westpac
guess we will have to put up with it till the tender comes out in Sep Oct for a permeant chopper hopefully the old Heliwest guys get it they have the experance and airwing worked well side by side.

Steve
Whats even funnier is vh-NVG the previous Rescue 135, EC135 which was a EMQ backup chopper with ADS-B, Night Vision, the works - was GIVEN away FREE by Bligh Govt to SLSA when Qld police were screaming for a chopper.

Now SLSA buy a 30yr old Bo105 and LEASE it back to Qld Gov for police *umm like.. WTF*

But I guess its just the typcial labor govt incompetence and fucking stupidity.
railsquad77

Post by railsquad77 »

Thats funny
i think i heard the Qld Gov approved the SLSA for 3 years flying that chopper around the Logan and Gold Coast
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.