QFRS - Fleet 1172, Rural Tanker 04

Stretch
Forum Manager

QFRS - Fleet 1172, Rural Tanker 04

Post by Stretch »

Taken before it was taken to North Stradbroke for a week. Interesting truck. A lot of good and bad points about it that I picked up on and the crews that took it away found even more.

Good things include the 12000 litre collar dam included underneath the truck. Other things include the lockers seem fairly well laid out not to mention about 15 lockers (or storage areas on the truck). It has an excellent stereo in the cab which is even built in with the radio (UHF/VHF) so if you press the PTT the stereo automatically shuts off. Apparently a brilliant truck to drive once you get a hang of the air assisted gear box (what ever that is...)

One big negative is the pump. Sure it only needs to fill the dam or another appliance but it has such a weak pump it's a bit ridiculous. Another thing (which has been spoken about before on here) is the weight. It's too heavy for the chassis when full. Oh and someone ripped the side of the truck off which you'll see in one of the photos.

Any other questions ask away and I'll see if I can answer them :)

Enjoy

New Suction Lines (72 mm storz instead of camlock fittings)

Mitch Rogers
Stretch
Forum Manager

Re: QFRS - Fleet 1172, Rural Tanker 04

Post by Stretch »

This is the collar dam. Holds 12000 litres!

Mitch Rogers
Rohan

Post by Rohan »

pumps are being changed for gaam 250d's im lead to belive
Rohan Greer
hon. sec. Cambooya RFB
scanners simoco 9020vhf, simoco 9020uhf, IC-400pro, IC-41s, ubc340crs
D1cko

Post by D1cko »

The pumps are the least of the problems. The one we have up here has been sitting outside the workshop since it got up here. Apparently they have been stretched to much and the belly scrapes on the ground when its filled with water.