AirNav - RadarBox

All air band scanning discussions, whether it be a bird, plane, superman, helicopter, space ship, rocket or anything else that glides through the air
Mathew

AirNav - RadarBox

Post by Mathew »

AirNav RadarBox, the world's best selling and most advanced Real Time Virtual Radar. Real plug and play and best graphics by far.

AirNav RadarBox is the closest you can be to real world aviation without leaving your chair thanks to next generation Radar decoding. By decoding ADS-B (Automatic Dependent Surveillance Broadcast) radar signals, you will be able to see on your computer what real Air Traffic Controllers see on their screens in Real-Time. Flight number, aircraft type, altitude, heading, speed are all updated each second. Included is the award winning software interface developed by the world's leader in flight tracking and monitoring solutions, AirNav Systems.

http://www.airnavsystems.com/RadarBox/index.html

To sum it up, the antenna/box decodes the ADS-B signal and displays all the aircraft data within range. Looks good, anyone tried it? I don't think many in Australia have by looking at their network page.

Cheers,
Mat
Uniden 396T + RH-96, Uniden BCT8, Puxing 888 UHF
AIRMAN

Re: AirNav - RadarBox

Post by AIRMAN »

Doesn't work in Australia or NZ. :(
Mathew

Post by Mathew »

Why doesn't it?
Mathew

Post by Mathew »

AIRMAN wrote:Doesn't work in Australia or NZ. :(
Looking forward to your response :P - I'm almost certain it works, see no reason why it wouldn't. The network-map indicates there is one in Sydney.

Thanks
AIRMAN

Post by AIRMAN »

OK Mathew,
If it now has coverage in OZ then go for it mate, but when I enquired, they told me it would only operate with accuracy in the USA, Canada and the UK + Europe. This was last year when I asked them, so maybe they now have live coverage for here now.

I'd hate for you to spend $ and get it set up to find your looking at a blank screen, so make absolutely sure before U buy amigo.

Cheers
Steve
vicscan01
Newly Registered Users

Post by vicscan01 »

I realsie that this forum topic is a little old, but just to inform you all, the AirNav RadarBox will work locally with its own antenna, provided it is situated in the appropriate place to receive the traffic. If you live out in the middle of no-where, there is a good chance that you will not receive much information at all, but if you live within a reasonable distance to one of the major airports, then you should receive a fair amount of traffic.

Our office is in Hillside (VIC 3037) which is not far from Melbourne (YMML) Airport. We receive a great deal of traffic, just from the small antenna provided with the package.

If you want information from around the country/world, you will need internet access and, after 12 months, to purchase a subscription to live traffic from AirNav Systems. What this subscription will allow you to do, is access other users from around the country and world, and have it show up on your screen as if you were decoding the information yourself.

My company is the main dealer for the AirNav RadarBox products (RadarBox Pro and RadarBox 3D), so if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me or reply to this post.
Tim Roberts
VicScan Computer Solutions
info@vscs.com.au
http://www.vscs.com.au

Australian AirNav RadarBox Dealer
-- AirNav RadarBox 3D Now Available --
jaskel

Post by jaskel »

i looked into this but at 800 bucks....its alot of money! Dont get me wrong, it is awesome..but 800 can net you an awesome radio....
Uniden UBCD996XT, UBCD396T,Pro 96, UBC120XLT, Icom IC-208H, GME TX4220, Icom IC-F410, Discone
Mathew

Post by Mathew »

Hey Vicscan.

Nice to see some aussie dealership going on for products like this, well done. I've gotta asses whether this is something i REALLY want/need at this current point, as i'd like to start saving for a car sometime.
If I do decide to purchase something like this, i'll be going the full way (external ADS-B antenna, wall mounted LCD display for constant airnav radar viewing, etc) and along with that probably a proper airband radio/antenna setup, hence why this is such a big decision at this point.

Cheers
ScannerEars

Post by ScannerEars »

I have one for sale, see my ad under classifieds if interested.
Uniden BCD396T - BCXLT200 - SANGEAN 909 SW - Airnav RadarBox
jaskel

Post by jaskel »

cool good price.

I will be doing a review on the radar box very shortly! Keep your eyes peeled ;)
Uniden UBCD996XT, UBCD396T,Pro 96, UBC120XLT, Icom IC-208H, GME TX4220, Icom IC-F410, Discone