You're Going To Be Jealous :)

If you have something to say that just doesn't fit into any of the forums above, then post it here, remember to keep it PG rated for the kids
Stretch
Forum Manager

You're Going To Be Jealous :)

Post by Stretch »

Today was arguably one of the best days of my life. For those who follow Fire Brigades you'll know why.

I have always been into Fire Brigades. My Grandfather (Dad's Dad) was the Deputy Commisioner for the NSWFB. He offered to try and get me into the Comms room for the NSWFB and I said yeah why not. Not only did I get a guided tour of the Comms room, I got a tour of the HAZMAT/BA traning room, the hot area, the maze they use to train the recruits in navigating, got to put on a full uniform (got pics :D) and got to wear a BA Kit with oxygen running through it.

I also got a guided tour of outside and throught the various appliances stationed there. They (NSWFB personnel) then suggested we go over to City of Sydney (CoS) (Station 001) which happens to be headquaters. So I got taken over to CoS and got given another guided tour of the biggest station in Australia and possibly the Southern Hemisphere. 4 storeys high and it's the only station still with the famous fire poles. I was able to slide down four storeys down the pool. So much fun!!! Got pictures of the four appliances in use and was lucky enough to be in station when one got turned out (strange response model they use).

After that and after a couple of phone calls made by the Inspector of Sydney region I was taken out to Greenacre where the NSWFB workshops are. Massive complex and we got security clearance to go wherever. We drove in and someone who worked underneath my Grandfather came out to meet us. We went through the workshops and looked at the trucks then went outside and my jaw dropped and my eyes lit up. There was about 50 firetrucks just sitting there waiting to be sold. Side by side so I went through and got pics for all of them. Then got taken through the HAZMAT station there and taken through the Decontamination Rooms and over the HAZMAT trucks. After that got taken through all the admin offices including Grandfathers old office.

All up it was a very rewarding day for me :D

And all the firefighters who met Grandfather were very humble to meet him :)

Night all.
Mitch Rogers
AIRMAN

Re: You're Going To Be Jealous :)

Post by AIRMAN »

Sounds like you had a great day. :mrgreen: