tx 3540 channel bank can it be modified

Discussion on GME technologies, including programming, tutorials, schematics, requests for help and new releases etc
Forum rules
***NOTE*** This forum and its content are not endorsed in any way by the vendor and users are advised to exercise caution when viewing and/or acting on any information contained within. We accept no responsibility for your devices and strongly warn you to check your warranty conditions and seek expert advice before proceeding.
ewok kowe

tx 3540 channel bank can it be modified

Post by ewok kowe »

hi all , i have a gme tx 3540 and i would like to know if anyone has software or has been able to modify the channel bank
allocation. i would like to add more than the 99 channels to the main bank , 80 main + 19 receive only. there are 5 channel banks of 19 and i would like to move some of these extra channels to the main bank. this is possible on an icom 400 and i would like to do this on my gme.
rapps_101

Re: tx 3540 channel bank can it be modified

Post by rapps_101 »

I don't think it's possible.
Currently have: Simoco SRM9000 (TU), Yaesu FT65, GME XRS370, GME TX6155 x 2, Icom IC400 Pro x 2, Icom IC41 Pro x 3
Yipyip46

Post by Yipyip46 »

Sorry ewok kowe the banks are due to the way the micro is set up and cannot be changed. I know how frustrating it is. Accessing all the channels in one bank would make life so much easier. Even the Icom 400Pro has reduced number of available channels if you have an 80 channel set or upgraded to the 80 channels.
Regards
Yipyip
ewok kowe

Post by ewok kowe »

yipyip46 i have an icom 400 pro with a modified channel bank and i have moved all of my extra banks channels to the main bank and i now have 124 channels on the one bank. i used a mod program i found in the icom section of this forum. i am currently using 111 channels , 82 main tx and rx the others i use rx only.
Yipyip46

Post by Yipyip46 »

Hi ewok kowe, Sorry I've been away with the AJ2016. Yes you can move all the channels into the first bank in the 400PRO. You need the correct version of the software (Dealer). I simply have pre-made files and simply drop that file in but the usable configs are drying up fast with the switch to the GRN. Regards Yipyip
ewok kowe

Post by ewok kowe »

found an easy work around to my problem . in the menu mode you can set the scan to rx all and then it will scan all available channels.