400pro - Error Code?

Discussion on Icom technologies, including programming, tutorials, schematics, requests for help and new releases etc
Forum rules
***NOTE*** This forum and its content are not endorsed in any way by the vendor and users are advised to exercise caution when viewing and/or acting on any information contained within. We accept no responsibility for your devices and strongly warn you to check your warranty conditions and seek expert advice before proceeding.
Birdman

400pro - Error Code?

Post by Birdman »

Team
While trying to find out what the issue was on the Eastlink yesterday, my radio started flashing with 099CC on the screen... Turned off, and gave it a few - then turned on again and hasn't happened again.. I don't use it much in suburbia due to the amount of flogs on there, but I'm in 4wd club and it gets lots of use on weekends.
Googling gives me donuts...

Anyone able to assist with what this is pls?

Thanks
peteramjet

Re: 400pro - Error Code?

Post by peteramjet »

Have you got sellcall activated? It may have been responding to someone's call.
Birdman

Post by Birdman »

peteramjet wrote:Have you got sellcall activated? It may have been responding to someone's call.
To be honest, I'm not sure. I've just found the software and a mate has a cable, so I assume its just untick a box within the software somewhere?

Edit: turns out its just rubbish, not the software off the Yahoo Group... Will keep looking for it - hints accepted

Edit Edit: found it
http://www.aussiescanners.com.au/forum/ ... 265&t=3530
Phantom
Forum Manager

Post by Phantom »

Let us know what you find to solve the problem. Would be good for reference
peteramjet

Post by peteramjet »

Birdman wrote:
peteramjet wrote:Have you got sellcall activated? It may have been responding to someone's call.
To be honest, I'm not sure. I've just found the software and a mate has a cable, so I assume its just untick a box within the software somewhere
The 'bell' symbol on your display only appears when you receive a call, so I'd say you have selcall activated somewhere in the programming.
Yipyip46

Post by Yipyip46 »

Good Morning Birdman, The display is indicating you have received a selcal with the list 2 digits set to ALL CALL. Sometimes it may be displayed as "GROUP" depending on the radio that sent it. Unfortunately some tosser has found out another way of irritating other users of the UHF CB band. This is why I always disable the send and receive Group Calls when I reprogram / configure a radio. Regards YipYip