uniden bct396xt repair

Discussion on Uniden technologies, including programming, tutorials, schematics, requests for help and new releases etc
Forum rules
***NOTE*** This forum and its content are not endorsed in any way by the vendor and users are advised to exercise caution when viewing and/or acting on any information contained within. We accept no responsibility for your devices and strongly warn you to check your warranty conditions and seek expert advice before proceeding.
vkcpolice

uniden bct396xt repair

Post by vkcpolice »

Hi im sorry to say that my uniden bct396xt has some how stopped working correctly the scanner itself functions fine however the speaker has suddenly started sounding all mummble like some how the speaker inside has poped. I was wondering if anyone knows anyone that can do repairs on this model its less than a year old and has been well looked after. Cheers
rochedalescan
Founder

Re: uniden bct396xt repair

Post by rochedalescan »

Uniden should repair it under warranty
Shane Logan
Aussiescanners Founder

Australia's Premier Communications forum!
~ Please contact Phil for administration enquiries ~
Spectre

Post by Spectre »

Agreed... take it back to where you purchased it for warranty repair, opening it yourself voids said warranty ;)
Equip: Uniden 57XLT, 780XLT, 895XLT, Realistic Pro-2020, Pro-2025 & Pro-2040
vkcpolice

Post by vkcpolice »

Thx have since sent it back to uniden for repair aprently its a common problem with this model. If you have the volume past 12 you can blow the speaker how stupid.
peteramjet

Post by peteramjet »

Just out of curiosity is it a BCD model you have or UBCD? If it is the BCD has it been returned to Uniden in Australia? Asking because I would be keen to know if they cover US models under warranty.
vkcpolice

Post by vkcpolice »

No mine is the australian version. I orginally went to the uniden website in america to buy the speaker cause I planned on doing the service my self but theywould not ship any thing to australia. So im guessing you have to take it back to the american uniden. Or try giving Pacific communications a call there the victorian service centre 180 plenty road preston.
peteramjet

Post by peteramjet »

I've got the Aussie version (UBCD) myself as well, but thought from your first post you had the US model (BCD). Thought I'd confirm, more curiosity than anything else to see what Uniden AU covered.
vkcpolice

Post by vkcpolice »

Sorry must of got the model wrong its the aussie one cause when I turn it on it says copyright uniden Australia new zealand. They took less than a week to repair it was very happy I just dont have it up full ball anymore incase I blow the speaker again
vkcpolice

Post by vkcpolice »

ok so 2 months after my uniden 396xt was repaired. the speaker once again has blown out and i have not had the volume past 12 since it was fixed. so what is the point of these radio's not to have the volume up at all? not happy Uniden!
Pumper_50

Post by Pumper_50 »

They probably replaced the original crap speaker that blew with the same type instead of using the improved version.

I've been fortunate enough not to have those problems on any of my units. (Touch wood).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Vkfour

Post by Vkfour »

You an probably find a speaker that will fir in the hole but with a higher rating. Not sure what suppliers are in your part of the woods, but Jaycar are pretty good. Have a look for Leading Edge shops too. Be aware though, some leading edge shops are computer only.
vkcpolice

Post by vkcpolice »

thx guys yea im pretty devastated its happened again and its just ran out of warranty luckily the nice guys at pacific communication are happy to repair it for free. i hope it wont happen again. i do run the radio almost everyday all day i wonder if this is why its happened again or what the problem is. i think i might buy a external speaker for it. upgrading to a new 436 soon so hopefully uniden has built that radio better than the 396
Surfgrrrl

Post by Surfgrrrl »

Hi vkcpolice,
I'm new to all of this and I'm thinking of buying a UBCT396XT but I see here that you mentioned a new model 436. Would you suggest waiting? Has there been many problems with the 396 model?
vkcpolice

Post by vkcpolice »

Hi ive read mixed reviews of the uniden 396 some people have had the same problem with the speaker blowing out in the unit it has happened to me twice then they replaced the whole radio under warranty. i have not used it much since then but i think its a better choice than the 436 because its a American radio and is really not designed for use in Australia. if you buy a 396 there much easier to get set up and running. there is no word as of yet if the uniden 436 will make it to Australia. i bought mine from the us