A question

trainguard

A question

Post by trainguard »

Hey guys heard on the radio last night "office of safety fags" does any one know what this dept is and what type of flagging system do they use O_o
David
Uniden UH7700NB, UBC355XLT
SteveNSWP

Re: A question

Post by SteveNSWP »

Is this a legit question???? If so i'll answer it and just hope that your not taking the piss LOL!! What your hearing is "Officer Safety Flags". I assume that QPS can add notations to a persons name record that will list any threats to police and/or officer safety. Here in NSW we call them warnings. Usually radio wont say "No warnings" if theres nothing, they will just broadcast the result of the CNI search. However if a CNI check shows warnings on the person subject to the name check, radio here will say, "Person has warning approach with caution may be armed" or "Person has warnings, search with caution may carry uncapped syringes" or "Warning, person has a level of resistance unrmed, resist control, wrestle" or something similar. I assume the "no officer safety flags" is something similar to this. I don't know why VKR would tell a crew that there are no flags, because the crew would probabaly assume that if their were, that the radio operator would have read them to them already.

Anyway hope that helps!!

Steve.
trainguard

A question

Post by trainguard »

Hey Steve oh it's officer safety. Lol there was a bit of static when the operator from VKR was talking it sounded like office of safety lol well that cleared it up thanks bro stay safe
David
trainguard

A question

Post by trainguard »

trainguard wrote:Hey Steve oh it's officer safety. Lol there was a bit of static when the operator from VKR was talking it sounded like office of safety lol well that cleared it up thanks bro stay safe
Man the gravel on the bottom of my boot tastes good... Bit gritty tho lmao
David
Stretch
Forum Manager

A question

Post by Stretch »

Yeah Steve's right. It's a standard line for VKR (pretty sure it's only just recently started) if the person has no flags or warnings)

Cheers,
Mitch
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mitch Rogers
qwertyuiop
Newly Registered Users

Re: A question

Post by qwertyuiop »

SteveNSWP wrote:I don't know why VKR would tell a crew that there are no flags, because the crew would probabaly assume that if their were, that the radio operator would have read them to them already.

Anyway hope that helps!!

Steve.
I've been listening to QPS on my scanner for years. It's common procedure here for the operator to say "Nill cautions or flags. Not a person of interest." or "Recorded, not currently wanted."