Icom IC-F2710

For amateur and citizens band radio enthusiasts, covering licensing issues, carrier dropping, sideband and all other related discussions
carlinm
Newly Registered Users

Icom IC-F2710

Post by carlinm »

Hi

I recently purchased this unit from a Russian Federation eBay seller, but am now having difficulties trying to get it to work (should have checked the seller first, but it seemed genuineand shipped from Singapore). This radio operates on the 450-520 MHz range and has selectable watts to a maximum of 25. I was intending using this for UHF CB operations.

Can anyone tell me if this is a legal radio in Australia (it does have the C-tick with N33 approval number) and where I can get some assistance with it. I will be considering informing the seller I want to return for refund if it is not approved.

Thanks
Michael
Comint

Re: Icom IC-F2710

Post by Comint »

carlinm wrote:Hi

I recently purchased this unit from a Russian Federation eBay seller, but am now having difficulties trying to get it to work (should have checked the seller first, but it seemed genuineand shipped from Singapore). This radio operates on the 450-520 MHz range and has selectable watts to a maximum of 25. I was intending using this for UHF CB operations.

Can anyone tell me if this is a legal radio in Australia (it does have the C-tick with N33 approval number) and where I can get some assistance with it. I will be considering informing the seller I want to return for refund if it is not approved.

Thanks
Michael
In Australia, the maximum power allowed on UHFCB, is 5 Watts, and the mere fact that the radio is capable of 25 Watts, says it is NOT Type Approved for use on UHFCB.

--
Comint
Phantom
Forum Manager

Re: Icom IC-F2710

Post by Phantom »

Short answer, No