Call Signs and Radio Channels Gold Coast VKR

railsquad77

Post by railsquad77 »

Morning All
If this has been put up or mention somewhere else please ignore this and sorry for post
Now on with the news
Gold Coast Vkr have now split channels

All Golf Gen crews,Cib,SOC with Call signs G??? now get main comms channel 468.025 and most repeater channels

All Charlie Crews (Belonging to New Coomera Districts HQ get new channel 116, 469.275, 469.180 and some by channels

Charlie crews on this channel also get a dedicated VKR radio in comms at Broadbeach 24hrs

so where are these units??

Charlie districts is Mudgeeraba, Nerang, Mt Tamborine, Beaudesert, Coomera all sit on this channel. (Very quiet sometimes not like main comm channels)( Mt Tamborine, Beaudesert all flogged from Logan District)
Golf districts are Runaway Bay, Southport, Surfers Paradise, Burleigh, Palm Beach, Coolangatta

i have full car list if needed Dog squad is also on Charlie call sign as they are based at Mudgeeraba but i believe have 2x radios in cars due to this change.

Logan is starting to use Lima callsigns to following in line with the rest of Qld Police Radio Changes
Lima is all Beenleigh, Logan, Loganholme,Creastmead, Slacks Creek

Please add if you have anything i dont know everything and that is what this forum is for
Regards
bodyguard

Re: Call Signs and Radio Cahnnels Gold Coast VKR

Post by bodyguard »

thanks railsquad for the update, much appreciated
Cheers
BG

UBC9000XLT, UBCT8, BCT15X, UBC92XLT, Kenwood R-5000, PSR-410 , KG-UVD1P
Stretch
Forum Manager

Call Signs and Radio Cahnnels Gold Coast VKR

Post by Stretch »

railsquad77 wrote:I have full car list if needed
Yes please :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mitch Rogers
railsquad77

Post by railsquad77 »

No worries of to work again now but will post soon

regards
NightFlight

Post by NightFlight »

Coomera district has also inherited Rathdowney (C230) and Canungra (C260/261) from Logan.

Have heard some rumours of a new Comms room at Coomera soon ??
railsquad77

Post by railsquad77 »

Thanks Nightflight

Have not heard C230 on new channel heard Canungra coming to Gold Coast

Makes me laugh last night some guy going off at Robina railway station comms couldn't find any any one so sent g230 from Surfers when on second channel c245 booked back on from Robina Hospital and were not given the job but tasked back to Coomera makes me thank not much thought on cars and channels done re problems like this.
Daniel

Post by Daniel »

NightFlight wrote:Have heard some rumours of a new Comms room at Coomera soon ??
Nope, no new communications centre for Coomera. Maybe one at Logan for the WHOLE of the South-Eastern Region so covering Gold Coast, Coomera and Logan Districts. Will be a regional communications centre like Maroochydore.
Daniel
rooster

Post by rooster »

Hey Daniel, speaking of Maroochy, why does Gympie continue to run its own comms and is not moved down to Maroochy? It would seem to also make sense to combine the Gympie/Cooloola channels with the Burnett and Maryborough channels - they are not that busy on their own :shock:

Back on topic of the Goldie, having a look at the 'old' channels can some southerners confirm if my gueesing of the new Goldie and Coomera groups are correct:

Gold Coast

Coomera

Thanks
railsquad77

Post by railsquad77 »

Will look into into it
Daniel

Post by Daniel »

Hi Rooster,

Currently there are no set plans for Gympie, Maryborough or Bundaberg Police Communications Centres to close and move to Maroochydore. The Maroochydore Police Communications Centre (North Coast Regional Police Communications) is currently operating two 24/7 radio channels and answering 000 calls from Redcliffe-Sunshine Coast. Although the centre has been operating for over a year now there are still parts of the communications centre that are being improved and some other areas which still need to be fitted out.

Obviously the long term plan is too make it a full Regional Police Communications Centre so that it is the only communications centre in the region therefore maximising communication capabilities within the region. Gympie is actually a relativley new communications centre itself as the police station is brand new. Maryborough is quite old and similair to the old Redcliffe PCC but smaller...and Bundaberg is relativley similar to Maryborough.

So in the long-term the plan is to move the three other PCCs into Maroochydore but the reason Redcliffe and Sunshine Coast combined into this new centre was because both those centres were EXTREMLEY outdated. The PCC in Redcliffe was incredibly cramped up and understaffed, there were only 3 CROs and one ComCo on at a time. Whereas Maroochydore centre is staffed with approx. 8-12 CROs at one time and at least 2 ComCos.

http://redcliffe-and-bayside-herald.whe ... ps-awards/

Thats a photo of the main communications room within the Maroochydore Centre.

http://www.frasercoastchronicle.com.au/ ... 0-painful/

Thats the Maryborough Centre ComCo Console.

http://www.news-mail.com.au/story/2010/ ... e-up-cops/

And thats the Bundaberg Communications Room ComCo Console also.

Just shoot me a PM if you want to know anything else.
Daniel
rooster

Post by rooster »

Thanks mate, interesting...
SteveNSWP

Re: Call Signs and Radio Channels Gold Coast VKR

Post by SteveNSWP »

Are Gold Coast Units still using Golf at the start of their callsigns now that they no longer share a channel with Coomera and no longer need to seperate themselves??

Steve.
Stretch
Forum Manager

Post by Stretch »

Not sure about Gold Coast (purely coz I don't really listen) but Coomera are still using the prefix Charlie.
Mitch Rogers
Grunter1

Post by Grunter1 »

Hey guys,

Just spent a week on the Gold Coast and did a spot of scanning while I was there. I can confirm units are using "Golf" prefix (as are Coomera using "Charlie" and Logan using "Lima")

The channels I heard were as below but there are still some gaps if anyone can fill them in -

Gold Coast Main
16 (Southport)
23 (Burleigh Heads)
44 (Robina)
71 (Q1)
86 (?)
100 (Razorback)
?120 (Numinbah Valley)
123 (Springbrook)
126 (?)

Coomera Main
?36
?38
76 (Mt Tamborine)
103 (Q1)
104 (Jupiters)
106 (Springbrook)
?108
?111
116 (Wangawallan)
117 (Mt Tamborine)

Gold Coast / Coomera Enquiries
52 (Springbrook)
70 (Southport)
110 (Pacific Pines)

Logan
17 (Beenleigh)
72 (Mt Cotton)
78 (Springwood)
?93 (Hillcrest)
?102 (Mt Mahomet)
113 (Jimboomba)
128 (Hillcrest)

Logan Enquiries
?95 (Mt Tamborine)
98 (Springwood)
109 (Mt Tamborine)
112 (?)

I also read somewhere that $7.6 million is being spent on upgrading Beenleigh Station this year, 15 staff have been moved there from Broadbeach Comms Centre and by the end of the year all SE Region will be run out of Beenleigh.

Hope this all helps.

Cheers.

Grunter1.

P.S. Be good to get that callsign list if you still have it railsquad77!!!
SteveNSWP

Post by SteveNSWP »

If Coomera and Gold Coast are on seperate channels, how come they are still using Golf and Charlie callsigns?? I thought they only needed to use them to seperate them as they used to be on the same channel.
Phantom
Forum Manager

Post by Phantom »

Think it might be new protocol.

In Toowoomba they are the only ones on the channels but they still prefix their call with Tango Whiskey. Maybe to identify their crew should they need to move into another district?

Could be a statewide procedure?
Stretch
Forum Manager

Post by Stretch »

SteveNSWP wrote:If Coomera and Gold Coast are on seperate channels, how come they are still using Golf and Charlie callsigns?? I thought they only needed to use them to seperate them as they used to be on the same channel.
Probably the same reason as QAS and QFRS do the same thing. On South East the only vehicles are starting with the number 6 (IE 631A, 631J etc) but when they go to another region, that first number is crucial. Why have two different callsigns depending on where you are.
Mitch Rogers
Grunter1

Post by Grunter1 »

You may have to ask your mates in the QPS the reason SteveNSWP but as of a month ago they were definitely using prefixes for Logan, Coomera and the Gold Coast districts - you can listen to the "Lima" callsigns on radioreference.com

The only district I heard that didn't appear to be using them was Ipswich.

Cheers.

Grunter 1.
Phil
Administrator

Post by Phil »

Yes you are correct at present the South West Region which Ipswich is apart if are using a alphanumeric callsign.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Phil
Forum Administrator
phil@aussiescanners.com.au

Uniden UBCD996T, RH96, UBCD396xt, Uniden UBCD563-PT
RTL-SDRs way to many
Motorola GP328, GP338, GP328 Plus, XTS3000, DP3400 VHF, DP2600e, DP4801e, DM4601e, XTL5000-03, XTS2500 M3
Simoco SRM9030 AC, SRM9022 UW
Hytera - PD412, PD462, PD682, MD782G, PD782G
Barrett 950
Icom IC-F60, IC-410 Pro
Tait TM8250
Kenwood - NX720HG