Coastguard frequencies

Communications scanning & radio related discussion for Queensland, covering Brisbane, Townsville, Cairns, Rockhampton etc
GME Man

Coastguard frequencies

Post by GME Man »

Does anyone have or know a list of the Queensland coastguard and water police frequencies.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
GME Man
RadioKid

Re: Coastguard frequencies

Post by RadioKid »

What area do you want them for?

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk
Uniden UBC126AT, Baofeng GT3
GME Man

Post by GME Man »

Just all the Queensland areas ie Gold Coast.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
GME Man
RadioKid

Post by RadioKid »

Try this:
http://www.grahamswebdesign.com/marine.html
But dude, it took me 5 minutes to find these. Please for the sake of everyone on this forum, USE GOOGLE!!!!
We all have to get it from the same place.

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk
Uniden UBC126AT, Baofeng GT3
Phantom
Forum Manager

Post by Phantom »

As stated before, they both use the standard marine VHF Frequencies
alinco21

Post by alinco21 »

Some area's are using DMR to link a few freq's over a wide area.
Think there are in 470 MHz area somewhere. will have to look for the freq.

VMR has there own private TG channel on DMR to chat between base and boat, rather than use Marine Radio.
mn1983

Post by mn1983 »

No offence intended here but if you are going to have a crack at the member and tell him to use Google then why are we all here, you may as well shut the forum down and redirect the domain to google.com... I can see your point but alot of google results are old and outdated (some, not all) and if you want the hobby to continue into the future, maybe show some respect.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
SteveO

Post by SteveO »

mn1983 wrote:No offence intended here but if you are going to have a crack at the member and tell him to use Google then why are we all here, you may as well shut the forum down and redirect the domain to google.com... I can see your point but alot of google results are old and outdated (some, not all) and if you want the hobby to continue into the future, maybe show some respect.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Why can't the kid search??? Every question is about something he could find the answer to if he searched. When a lot of us started scanning there was no internet so we had to search for everything. That's why it was called scanning. Enter the frequency in one by one in blocks and press search. The new generation want everything handed to them on a plate.
Steve
Vkfour

Post by Vkfour »

In days gone by, there was no Internet and we relied on various printed schedules and just plain looking around, finding things and then telling others by way of mouth or various magazines, newsletters, journals and bulletin boards that were around in those far off days. Then came the Internet, and things changed. Much of the information still wasn't available and sites such as this one came into being and we were able to exchange information much quicker and to a much larger audience.

Now we have search engines and much of the information is up to date and correct and in fact, much of the information that has been forwarded to you via this site has come from people who looked it up for you. To be sure, there is some information that is not correct or current, but you have to search through things to determine this. A genuine interest requires some personal application and research, whether it be radio, photography, train spotting or stamp collecting.

Unfortunately, as one commentator noted, some of the information you requested has already been forwarded to you and this can be quite galling for those of us reading and watching, and especially for the person who sent you the information in the first place. Further, a lot of the information you are requesting is already on this site. And on that, this site is not just about frequencies, a quick look will show that there is a lot more involving technology, procedures, equipment and the list just goes on, including a joke section.

No one minds helping the new kid on the block, and some of the members of this site have gone well out of their way to help people in the past, and it pains me to say that there are some people who have, seemingly, gone out of their way to be as unhelpful and to give as much disinformation as possible, but fortunately, they are in a minority, and unfortunately, that is life for you.

I personally have looked stuff up for you and I have actually sent you at least one PM to help you out, for I have not received a reply, and in spite of the comments therein, you are still spruiking what I told you not to.

No one is disrespecting you, merely pointing out how it all works. As a person who was given their first super-regenerative shortwave receiver at 5 years of age, an amateur radio operator for close to 40 years, and until recently, a practising barrister, I think I have a pretty fair understanding of what is going on around the place. The comments of other people on this site leads me to believe that many of them do too. It maybe however considered disrespectful on your part, to ignore advice that you have previously been given.

I don’t know any of the other members of this site personally, or at least, I don’t think I do, but I have seen many of them go well and truly beyond all that is reasonable to help someone out.

Most people, particularly those who have been around for a while, and especially those who were around during radio’s glory days, are only too happy to welcome new people to the hobby, and I should point out to everyone involved with this hobby, that we should all do so with enthusiasm.

I have noticed that there have been a number of new people appear on this site recently, and you are one of them. Of the new people, you in particular appear to be gripped with a large amount of enthusiasm, and nothing generates enthusiasm like enthusiasm, and I can see the day coming when you may very well be the go to dude when questions need to be answered.

Professional people, doctors, lawyers, engineers and so on, don’t know everything, can’t remember everything, never knew everything in the first place, and frequently have to ask questions of our colleagues and peers. But before we do, we endeavour to find the answer ourselves first. This is how knowledge, and experience, is acquired and I can say from personal experience, on several fronts, professional and amateur radio, you don’t start to learn and acquire knowledge until you start to do it.

Before you ask a question, have a look and see what you can find out yourself. Be proactive and start to browse through through various sites and books. Don’t wait to think of questions to ask, go looking for them first. Then, instead of asking the questions, you’ll be the one answering them.

Welcome to the wonderful world of radio, and remember, whether it be radio or anything else, what you put into it is what you get out of it.
Phantom
Forum Manager

Post by Phantom »

Top posting!
fire_rescue

Post by fire_rescue »

I remember my first scanner this book was a big help and i have a copy of this book in my cupboard
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Phantom
Forum Manager

Post by Phantom »

What a classic publication.... Brings back memories and a lot of people got started with this book (pre-Internet age) :)