ACMA database question

Communications scanning & radio related discussion for Australia, covering all states and territories - discussion that is on a national level only
lolbananalol2

ACMA database question

Post by lolbananalol2 »

If I want to search for a specific user and find their frequencies on the ACMA database, how would I go about doing it. I've been trying to do it for ages but I just can't work it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Phantom
Forum Manager

Re: ACMA database question

Post by Phantom »

Simply just search by their name and up displays their details. This assumes that they actually have an assignment against their name (that you are searching by). They could be using rentals or operating under a different name/entity.
lolbananalol2

Post by lolbananalol2 »

Phantom wrote:Simply just search by their name and up displays their details. This assumes that they actually have an assignment against their name (that you are searching by). They could be using rentals or operating under a different name/entity.
I tried that and it just seems to come up with their license ID and no frequency. Is there something else I have to press to get the frequencies to show up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RadioKid

Post by RadioKid »

Hey lolbananalol2,
Have you been selecting clients. If that doesnt help, go to the ACMA frequency search home page and go to site location map in the list below and find where you think the signal is coming from e.g. warehouse, local tower, etc.
Screenshot_2016-10-02-15-35-58.png
Regards, Matty [WHITE SMILING FACE]

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Uniden UBC126AT, Baofeng GT3
Vkfour

Post by Vkfour »

Better yet. Unfortunately, the same user can be registered under several different names, and there are a number of reasons for this, and that assumes they have their own allocation and aren't remting. You can search the ACMA database for frequencies and when you click on them, it will show you the location, if you really want that. When you put in the post codes, try to put post codes in for a 50 kilometre or so radius around where you are. Put the lowest frequency in and the highest and don't forget to select MHz, (I did once and got some interesting results!), and don't worry about the authorisation date. After you have run the search, clicking on the top column will sort the entries into order for you. Hint, don't make the frequency selection too big, it's much better to do several smaller searches. You can go directly to that part of the data base here ...

http://web.acma.gov.au/pls/radcom/assig ... nge.search