NSW GRN control channel issue with UBCD996T

Discussion on Uniden technologies, including programming, tutorials, schematics, requests for help and new releases etc
Forum rules
***NOTE*** This forum and its content are not endorsed in any way by the vendor and users are advised to exercise caution when viewing and/or acting on any information contained within. We accept no responsibility for your devices and strongly warn you to check your warranty conditions and seek expert advice before proceeding.
Newy1234

NSW GRN control channel issue with UBCD996T

Post by Newy1234 »

I have come across a strange issue with the GRN control channel setup, this only seems to affect my 996T, my 396XT works fine.

The standard control channel frequency range was from 413.xxxxMhz to 419.xxxxMhz but some new frequencies have been opening up in the 422.xxxx to 423.xxxx range. I have a local GRN tower that is now using the 422 to 423 range, I added these to the control channel list in my 996T but it will not receive them only receives the 413 to 419 range.

I deleted all the 413 to 419 range and left just the 422 to 423 range and it worked fine. If I add the 413 to 419 range back to the list the 422 to 423 stops working again. :cry:

Like I said above, they all work fine on my 396XT and both scanners are setup exactly the same.

I actually have two 996T's and they both do it so its not one scanner specific.

Anyone else come across this issue? I have not found a solution yet.

Thanks
Doogs38

Re: NSW GRN control channel issue with UBCD996T

Post by Doogs38 »

Hi Newy1234. I'm new to the NSW/ACT GRN and also use a 996T as my base scanner. I have tried several different ways to program my CCs of interest ranging from placing CCs into a single list, to using the 996T's multisite capability and having individual sites. When I use a single list, the 996T tends to lock onto the first active CC at the expense of other active CCs. My 396XT doesn't do this. Perhaps you're experiencing the same issue? That is, your 422/23MHz CCs are lower in your CC list and your scanner never gets past the first active CC (in the 413-19MHz range) hence it never gets to your new CCs? That would explain why your 422/23MHz CCs work when they're isolated. Incidentally, after a few nights of (much) frustration I've decided to use the 996T's multisite capability for the half dozen GRN sites near me, but the trunking scan speed is definitely (much) slower than my 396XT.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
-----------
Alex www.pbase.com/doogs38
Newy1234

Post by Newy1234 »

Doogs38 wrote:Hi Newy1234. I'm new to the NSW/ACT GRN and also use a 996T as my base scanner. I have tried several different ways to program my CCs of interest ranging from placing CCs into a single list, to using the 996T's multisite capability and having individual sites. When I use a single list, the 996T tends to lock onto the first active CC at the expense of other active CCs. My 396XT doesn't do this. Perhaps you're experiencing the same issue? That is, your 422/23MHz CCs are lower in your CC list and your scanner never gets past the first active CC (in the 413-19MHz range) hence it never gets to your new CCs? That would explain why your 422/23MHz CCs work when they're isolated. Incidentally, after a few nights of (much) frustration I've decided to use the 996T's multisite capability for the half dozen GRN sites near me, but the trunking scan speed is definitely (much) slower than my 396XT.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thanks Doogs, funny you mention the multisite setup I only just saw someone else with this type of setup on Monday. Yes, I have always just had all my CC's in a single list and I agree with the 996T locking onto the first active channel in the list I am sure I have noticed that to. I do have the 422-423Mhz frequencies at the bottom of that list.

I will to give the multisite setup a go.
Doogs38

Post by Doogs38 »

Did you have a win Newy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-----------
Alex www.pbase.com/doogs38
Newy1234

Post by Newy1234 »

Doogs38 wrote:Did you have a win Newy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep, all good Doogs, I see what you mean by it scanning slower but it will work fine for my setup. i might change the 'hold time' to '0' and see how that goes.

I have not programmed my 396XT yet since it seems fine, but might change it as well just to see how it runs.

Thanks again.