CFA RMR Seperation Question

Communications scanning & radio related discussion for Victoria, covering Melbourne, the Grampians, Gippsland, Loddon Mallee etc
turbine_prop

CFA RMR Seperation Question

Post by turbine_prop »

Hi All.

just a quick question from someone still struggling with the new CFA RMR network on a UBCD996T

How does one separate communications from

0363 166.5375 165.4875 Mt St.Leonards ISR 163
0460 166.5375 Mt McKay ISR

When the above 2 use the same Ctrl Freq

0393 166.5000 Strathmerton ISR
0431 166.5000 Kinglake ISR 161

Like wise above

It's not like the good old days with CTCSS

Regards
Turbine_prop
Melbourne
Regards
Wayne
Melbourne
ymmlman

Re: CFA RMR Seperation Question

Post by ymmlman »

You don't.

Unless you are in a position to hear both towers, you only need to listen to the Ctrl Frequency and the scanner should do the rest. If you have the talkgroups programmed in that you want to hear, it will go to them as required

It would only be in a place where you can hear both at the same time that it would cause issues.
turbine_prop

Post by turbine_prop »

That is precisley my problem I can receive different towers on the same frequency unfortunetley I'm using a UBCD996T which also doesn't show UID's abd won't work with Pro96Com.

I tried leaving it on the Ctrl freq'u just like I do with the SMR but it just sits there but if I scan the talk groups then I get the comms.

I'm still trying to work out why I cant get Pretty Sally or Mt. Macedon ( I just about have virtule line of sight to pretty sally ) and I get every thing else off of Pretty Sally and Mt. Macedon, I get my Hume Group comms from Kinglake & Mt. St. Lenords They are both as string as each other And my Gippsland stuff off of three bridges.

Likewise I cant get and RMR Digital from Barwon Sth west, Grampians, or Loddon Malle

All this is despite beung 120m's above sea level and having clear line of sight to the city and being able to get analouge from all these areas.

Im currently looking at dedicated antennas from RFI & replacing my 20m LMR400 runs with LDF450 Healiax I have tried ither deducated VHF base station antennas close to the RMR frequency range but they havnt really made a lot if difference I am also cinsiderung a commercial radio appropriately programmed not hard at all to get I just have to justify the expense of it all.

I may buy a 996XT off if Ebay or import one from scanner master in the U.S. some time after Christmas ( get the feeling that's what most people here are using ) never really been happy with the 996T as far as Apco goes even with the latest firmware.

I was offered to buy a 396XT but have read that they are as deaf as I also thought about buying a 536HP but from what I have also read about them they have thier own issues.

All and any advuce kindly accepted.

Regards
Turbine_Prop
Melbourne.
Regards
Wayne
Melbourne
ymmlman

Post by ymmlman »

I would be amazed if you have line of sight to the city, and can hear Strathmerton at the same time.

Strathmerton is up on the Murray and well across the Dividing Range.

It's not bleed across from another frequency close by?

If you can't get Barwon etc sites across the Bay, there is no way you would be hearing Strathmerton.

Any clues on which particular part of Melbourne you are in, as it may be bleed from another site?
melbourneradio

Post by melbourneradio »

Regards
Turbine_Prop
Melbourne.
You should have a file in your email box mate !!!

Give that a crack

it should improve your listening ability
John Remington
VK3 XRI
South Eastern Communications
Radios-Communications- Pagers
facebook- https://www.facebook.com/pages/South-Ea ... 183?ref=hl
http://www.secomms.com.au
sales@secomms.com.au
turbine_prop

Post by turbine_prop »

Thanks heaps John your help is very much appreciated i'm just in from work but i'll give it a shot 1st thing in the morn have a late start.

Regards
Turbine_prop ( Wayne)
Melb
melbourneradio wrote:

Regards
Turbine_Prop
Melbourne.
You should have a file in your email box mate !!!

Give that a crack

it should improve your listening ability
Regards
Wayne
Melbourne