Fitting the radio hobby in with the rest of your life

If you have something to say that just doesn't fit into any of the forums above, then post it here, remember to keep it PG rated for the kids
tanger32au

Fitting the radio hobby in with the rest of your life

Post by tanger32au »

This applies to any area of the radio hobby, if this is amateur radio, shortwave listening, radio scanning, ultralight DXing or any other area. It becomes more of an issue as your other responsibilities taken over and other people / domestic harmony need to be considered.

I am very interested to get a discussion going on how we each manage this and any issues we have found, some general questions to get the discussion started.

- Do you set aside a specific time / day regularly for your radio hobby?

-Do you generally try and fit your radio hobby around the rest of your life or your life around your radio hobby? This may be more important where other people are involved and you need to fit in with them either way.

- How supportive are your family, friends and co-workers with your radio hobby and is it something that is seen as a part of your family life or is it something that is more hidden away and not really supported / understood by them?

- Would you ever consider making a major decision due to how other people feel about your hobby such as ending a long-term relationship if the other person didn’t support your hobby and didn’t want you to participate in it?

- Any general tips or advice on the ways you combine your radio hobby with the rest of your life?

Regards
Paul
http://ultralightdxing.blogspot.com.au/
peteramjet

Re: Fitting the radio hobby in with the rest of your life

Post by peteramjet »

Radios and scanning for me are only a hobby. Like any hobby if it started to interfere with my work or home life it would be put off to the side.

Nice an simple for me I guess :)