TX7200 - Which programming cable?

Discussion on GME technologies, including programming, tutorials, schematics, requests for help and new releases etc
Forum rules
***NOTE*** This forum and its content are not endorsed in any way by the vendor and users are advised to exercise caution when viewing and/or acting on any information contained within. We accept no responsibility for your devices and strongly warn you to check your warranty conditions and seek expert advice before proceeding.
bails81

TX7200 - Which programming cable?

Post by bails81 »

I need to buy a cable for programming a tx7200, and the local GME dealer won't sell me one (not surprised).

On Ebay there are two types:

1) 9-pin Serial to 2.5mm jack

2) USB to 2.5mm jack

As most of my computers don't have a serial port I was thinking the USB cable would be my best bet. I know that using a USB to serial converter can be problematic with some devices, so was going to avoid going down that route.

Can anyone advise if they have had any problems using the USB version of these cables?

If these aren't proven reliable I'll just get the 9-pin serial version and use an old computer.

Also, once I get the cable, where do I connect it to the radio? The only place I can see is the port on the side that normally has the external microphone plugged into it?

bails
bails81

Re: TX7200 - Which programming cable?

Post by bails81 »

If anyones interested I got the USB cable from Ebay and it works perfectly.