DELETED

Brag about your radio and scanner (home, mobile, work, handheld) installations here, post photos and give us the specifications of each device
vkcpolice

Re: COMPUTER CASE AS RADIO STATION

Post by vkcpolice »

that is pretty cool that gives me an idea. ive just moved home in with friends so i can have a shack no more but this would make a perfect portable station
SteveO

Post by SteveO »

You could bolt a handle to the top to make it easy to move around.
Steve
melbourneradio

COMPUTER CASE AS RADIO STATION

Post by melbourneradio »

Good one ... I saw this done a while ago .. The one I saw even managed to leave the outer covers on, I have also done a few in road cases , I have pics some where il try and dig them up
John Remington
VK3 XRI
South Eastern Communications
Radios-Communications- Pagers
facebook- https://www.facebook.com/pages/South-Ea ... 183?ref=hl
http://www.secomms.com.au
sales@secomms.com.au
Azoic

Post by Azoic »

It has been said that a simple yet elegant design can be a thing of beauty......THAT monstrosity is neither......;)
Azoic

Post by Azoic »

That was my first draft of the unit.
it has since been refined to fit in case neatly with side cover on.

It has also been said that, "If you havent got anything nice to say, dont say it at all". :mrgreen:
That was most likely said by the man that said " Better to keep one's mouth shut and be thought a fool, than open it and remove all doubt "......but i would like to see the pics of the later version once the bugs were worked out and the cover's were on....it is a rather cool idea for a limited amount of bench space, i used to have 7 radio's one on top of the other on my small desk, it looked somewhat like a 1970's Deep Purple stage.....with the 4000 ft high Marshall stacks.....fitting all into one case the way you have it would look great if the radio's were all the same size, and the power supply was able to be hidden, make up a nice front with some external speakers for the rig's and it would be much nicer.

My previous comment was meant in good fun....not as an insult by the way...sorry if i offended.