RFS / QFRS Radio Info (Work-in-progress)

chanjyj

RFS / QFRS Radio Info (Work-in-progress)

Post by chanjyj »

I will update as I find and figure out more info. Apologies in advance if this information is already known but I'm finding it all over the place and thought a reference thread would be useful.

Queensland Fire & Rescue Service. 2004. "Queensland Fire and Rescue Service Radio Procedures Handbook", edited by Queensland Fire & Rescue Service.
Last edited by chanjyj on Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
chanjyj

Re: QFRS Radio Info (Work-in-progress)

Post by chanjyj »

Code 1
Arrived at scene – nothing in evidence, investigating further. Optional: the address and type of incident

Code 2
Arrived at scene – incident in evidence.
• Provide brief descriptor on arrival eg. location and comments to confirm
nature of the incident.
o Code 2, Cunningham Hwy 3 car MVA (see below)
o Code 2, 43 Brown St, House Fire (see below) Examples for standard incident types:
• Grassfire/ size / action / resources required/ time
• Structural fire/ action / resources required
• Vehicle fire / what is involved / action / resources required
• MVA / number of vehicles / action / resources required
Other incident types:
• HazMat: Code 2 / type / size / action / resources required
• Rescue: Code 2 / type / action / resources required

Code 4
Leaving an incident, brief description, available for turnout, returning to station.
Note: An appliance leaving the incident with another appliance remaining on scene is also to use this code to indicate that it is returning to station and is available for turnout. (The remaining appliance will still be investigating the incident).

Code 5
“Returned to Home Station”.
Note: If returning to standby station “returned to standby at station ten”.

Code 6
Incident (refers to any type of incident) is a malicious false alarm.
Area has been checked, no signs of fire or reported incident, notify police (if required), returning to station, available for turnout.

Code 7
Returning to station. Unit is NOT available for turnout. (Give reason for unavailability).
2266 Queensland Fire and Rescue Service Radio Procedures Handbook 20 Dec 2004.

Code 8
Arrived at incident, checking with QFRS Officer-in-Charge.

Code 9
A casualty has been located.
If there is more than one casualty add a number.
Code 9, 2 Alpha (2 casualties alive)
If there are any deceased persons add letter C
Unless advised by the letter ‘C’, all casualties are presumed alive, however, if necessary the letter A (alive) may be added to ensure understanding.
Code 9, Charlie
Code 9, 1 Alpha 1 Charlie Code 9, 2 Alpha 3 Charlie
(one deceased) (1 alive and 1 deceased)
(2 alive and 3 deceased)
Note: If Police and/or Ambulance have not arrived at the incident, Firecom will advise Police and Ambulance Operations of the number and type of casualties.

Code 11
Justifiable false alarm. Returning to station. Available for turnout. This includes all justifiable calls.

Code 12
Avoidable false alarms. Returning to station. Available for turnout. (Charging for these incidents needs to be incorporated.)

Code 20
High-rise procedure in use.
Note: only to be used by mobile units, message should include why it is being initiated. For example:
• investigation;
• life rescue; or
• fire fighting purposes,
• and what action is being taken.

Code 30
Mobile unit identified is to proceed (or is proceeding) to the incident at normal road speed, without lights or siren.

Code 40
Mobile unit to whom this message is directed is not required at the incident.
The mobile unit is then changed to “Left Incident” (LI) status on FireCAD, is removed from the incident at Firecom, and assumed to be available for turnout.

Code 99
A major or critical incident is occurring.
It indicates first attending crews may be initially overwhelmed by immediate operational requirements such as life rescue or evacuation, or where the dynamics, size or complexity of the incident are of an unusual scale.
This code indicates that significant resources will be required to investigate the situation (i.e. CBR incident, building collapse, commercial plane crash, major
high-rise fire).

Queensland Fire & Rescue Service. 2004. "Queensland Fire and Rescue Service Radio Procedures Handbook", edited by Queensland Fire & Rescue Service.
Last edited by chanjyj on Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chanjyj

Post by chanjyj »

Last edited by chanjyj on Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chanjyj

Post by chanjyj »

Last edited by chanjyj on Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mubear

QFRS Radio Info (Work-in-progress)

Post by mubear »

This stuff is from a document that is copyright by the State of Queensland.
chanjyj

Post by chanjyj »

mubear wrote:This stuff is from a document that is copyright by the State of Queensland.
Thanks for the reminder. I have added in the appropriate references.
I will be using this for research under the category of “fair dealing” exceptions to infringement (Australian Copyright Council 2012). From my understanding, this would be acceptable. Should the QFRS ask me to remove my posts, I certainly will.

Australian Copyright Council. 2012. "Information Sheet G079v06 Fair Dealing", edited by Australia Council.
chanjyj

Re: RFS / QFRS Radio Info (Work-in-progress)

Post by chanjyj »

This information is specific to wildfires. Quite a few sub-commands with individual VHF links. I am entirely sure how the system works till I go read it a few times. The example below is one of those I mentioned above. UHF-VHF (crossband repeat?).

Queensland Department of Emergency Services. 2009. "Regional Functional Plan". In Statewide Integrated Operational Planning Process, edited by Queensland Fire & Rescue Service.
Vkfour

Post by Vkfour »

The information presented here is copyright, however, the Fair Dealing section of our copyright act does apply. The entire document has not been presented and the owner of the copyright has been credited. This document is freely available online, and this subject has been dealt with previously when a link to this document was published. Please, don't let us degenrate to that sort of debate again.
chanjyj

Post by chanjyj »

I have been personally wondering whether to continue work on this project. While the policy here is to not give out CTCSS tones and TX frequencies, I personally believe a monkey can figure that out.

However, this thread is going to start progressing into the internal structure of the system, emergency protocols, which repeaters are used in X scenario or Y scenario - something a monkey cannot figure out unless spoon fed.

Any comments? Feel free to PM me if you wish, besides posting on the forums.