Queensland Government Wireless Network (QLD-GWN) Project

Enthusiast discussion on trunked radio networks, protocols including MPT1327, TETRA, EDACS, SMARTNET - as well as talk group ID's
Phil
Administrator

Re: Queensland Government Wireless Network (QLD-GWN) Project

Post by Phil »

gordo92 wrote:
erikn wrote:
Sprocketz wrote:North Coast Firecom covers up to Bundaberg which is and will remain analogue for the foreseeable future. I often hear this traffic on the SC channels. I wonder how this will that work with the mix of half and half. Will the encrypted signal be repeated clean further a field so they don't talk over each other ?
My guess is that they will keep the analogue channels they already have as a backup to the GWN, or use the analogue channels/GWN at the same time (e.g. metro area=GWN, boondocks=analogue).

Digital on analog that is going to sound good isn't it LOL
It has been done for years from multiple agencies in NSW and QLD, it doesn't sound as bad as you think, it is the other way around that doesn't sound good but is still audible
Phil
Forum Administrator
phil@aussiescanners.com.au

Uniden UBCD996T, RH96, UBCD396xt, Uniden UBCD563-PT
RTL-SDRs way to many
Motorola GP328, GP338, GP328 Plus, XTS3000, DP3400 VHF, DP2600e, DP4801e, DM4601e, XTL5000-03, XTS2500 M3
Simoco SRM9030 AC, SRM9022 UW
Hytera - PD412, PD462, PD682, MD782G, PD782G
Barrett 950
Icom IC-F60, IC-410 Pro
Tait TM8250
Kenwood - NX720HG
alinco21

Post by alinco21 »

umm pretty sure that once the GWN is out there in the SE, the analogue freqs will be shut down.
Listen while you can.
gordo92

Queensland Government Wireless Network (QLD-GWN) Project

Post by gordo92 »

brisbanescan wrote:
gordo92 wrote:Digital on analog that is going to sound good isn't it LOL
It has been done for years from multiple agencies in NSW and QLD, it doesn't sound as bad as you think, it is the other way around that doesn't sound good but is still audible

yeah i guess that would be a lot worse
VK4FABB

Uniden UBCD93XLT, FDC FD880, Yaesu VX-7R, Baofeng UV-5RE Plus, Motorola GP328 UHF, Yaesu FT-857d,Codan 8525a,Yaesu FT757GX, Vertex Standard System 600 (Yaesu FT-600), Vertex Standard VX-2500, Piece Simpson Super Cheetah MK III, GME TX3600 Tytera MD-380 ....ETC
rapps_101

Post by rapps_101 »

alinco21 wrote:umm pretty sure that once the GWN is out there in the SE, the analogue freqs will be shut down.
No doubt there'll be a grace period where everything is simulcast, but after that.........
Currently have: Simoco SRM9000 (TU), Yaesu FT65, GME XRS370, GME TX6155 x 2, Icom IC400 Pro x 2, Icom IC41 Pro x 3
bagman002

Post by bagman002 »

rapps_101 wrote:
alinco21 wrote:umm pretty sure that once the GWN is out there in the SE, the analogue freqs will be shut down.
No doubt there'll be a grace period where everything is simulcast, but after that.........
I'm a little late to the thread but there will be a simulcast setup as an interim service incase of any issues but will be later switched off.

However it is said that some areas are likely to have a longer simulcast period for interoperability between areas that boarder digital and analogue. I guess only time will tell

Sent from my HTC_0P6B using Tapatalk
Sold my Uniden 93XLT and now using Uniden 396XT
bagman002

Post by bagman002 »

For anyone interested here is the QFES Bandplan

Last edited by bagman002 on Wed Nov 11, 2015 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rooster

Post by rooster »

Thanks for posting bagman.

Did you mean to post the first page (pic) twice...it would be good to see the page that has community safety etc info on it.
bagman002

Post by bagman002 »

rooster wrote:Thanks for posting bagman.

Did you mean to post the first page (pic) twice...it would be good to see the page that has community safety etc info on it.
Nope I didn't that was my mistake, I have edited the post with the other talkgroups.

I scaled it down to make it forum friendly but if you want the full size images they are here (https://goo.gl/photos/2Xz75cqpq4smv9Jo7)
bagman002

Post by bagman002 »

I also have the QFES GWN training info if you are interested in that

Comint

Post by Comint »

I believe there may be a 'typo' in the above QFES Bandplan under Operations Miscellaneous ->
NCCGR Interstate TG -> QPS, which shows D10-CLR.

All other D10s are QAS, and following the other patterns, I believe the QPS D10-CLR should be D9-CLR.

Also, going by Annex A to the NCCGR RALI GS-1, all the frequencies under Operations Miscellaneous are Simplex.

--
Comint
bagman002

Post by bagman002 »

Comint wrote:I believe there may be a 'typo' in the above QFES Bandplan under Operations Miscellaneous ->
NCCGR Interstate TG -> QPS, which shows D10-CLR.

All other D10s are QAS, and following the other patterns, I believe the QPS D10-CLR should be D9-CLR.

Also, going by Annex A to the NCCGR RALI GS-1, all the frequencies under Operations Miscellaneous are Simplex.

--
Comint
Yes the agency direct channels are digital simplex. When using that you can see the radio ID and GPS coordinates of the TX radio.

rapps_101

Post by rapps_101 »

I find it odd that there are TG's for the COWs when they are designed to expand the network

Eg: COW deployed, each service uses its own dispatch or spec ops channels and the COW operates transparently. I don't know why there'd be TGs reserved for use on COWs only

Edit: also odd that the police don't have access to those talk groups :?:
Currently have: Simoco SRM9000 (TU), Yaesu FT65, GME XRS370, GME TX6155 x 2, Icom IC400 Pro x 2, Icom IC41 Pro x 3
bagman002

Post by bagman002 »

rapps_101 wrote:I find it odd that there are TG's for the COWs when they are designed to expand the network

Eg: COW deployed, each service uses its own dispatch or spec ops channels and the COW operates transparently. I don't know why there'd be TGs reserved for use on COWs only

Edit: also odd that the police don't have access to those talk groups :?:
Yeah I thought it was odd that they are their own TG's but I guess if it is being used because of widespread damage it could be setup for a simplex expansion instead of temporarily filling in a blackspot.

The Interops channels will be the same across all agencies even SES even though they are not yet on the GWN rollout. The rumours are that they might be waiting 2 years before they are going digital.

As QPS and QAS will have their own TG's.

Thanks to Rooster I have started using Unitrunker to get an insight into the TG's being used on the GWN. I have labeled the known QFES TG's that line up with the posted bandplan
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
rapps_101

Post by rapps_101 »

bagman002 wrote: The Interops channels will be the same across all agencies even SES even though they are not yet on the GWN rollout. The rumours are that they might be waiting 2 years before they are going digital.
The biggest issue will be deciding who is the lead agency and who controls said interop channels. I've used them, but only for talking to the service they belonged to.
fire_rescue

Post by fire_rescue »

My collection so far
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bagman002

Post by bagman002 »

fire_rescue wrote:My collection so far
I can't read your screen shot. Just looks like read lines

rooster

Post by rooster »

Open the pic in a new window, nice and big then
fire_rescue

Post by fire_rescue »

SER switched analogue off today
rapps_101

Post by rapps_101 »

Has the ambulance switched across yet for SER?
rooster

Post by rooster »

Gold Coast, Logan/Beenleigh and Ipswich (formerly voting groups 9,8 and 7 respectively) have gone over. Not sure if the others are going over before or after xmas.