QLD Police Channels + Work Groups

gasgrassorarse

Re: QLD Police Channels + Work Groups

Post by gasgrassorarse » Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:53 pm

Greyhorse68 wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:45 am
thanks, Kazzaw yep tried all the frequencies in the ACMA Registar, for the areas i travel in, nothing but silence...?
Haved searched 467 to 470 ....still nothing...
the ACMA registar has a lot of
79 to 82....still nothing
413 to 416....still nothing
450 to 460....still nothing
460 to 470 ....still nothing
the only one i her faintly is 413.275 QAS..nothing else...?
Mate I can assure you that the coverage area for the CQ Area Command is that large and rural that they are certainly going to be on analogue still, same as the entire wide bay region are still (Bundy, Maryborough, gympie etc) because when they trialled it in these areas they had major TX and RX issues due to poor digital coverage and the smaller rural stations are usually working from remote locations.

You have to take a GOOD LOOK at the new frequency allocation register, trust me it's definitely there!~

What I did was search ALL QPS freq's, put them into an excel spreadsheet and then reprogrammed my scanner, let it run until I identified the local frequencies.

Remember, they are now using ipads for the more sensitive comms..... Even with the combining of gympie, maryborough and bundaberg into one call area there is heaps less radio traffic these days than there was even earlier this year!

Greyhorse68

Post by Greyhorse68 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:11 am

thanks mate, do you have a link for the new frequency allocation register

Vkfour

Post by Vkfour » Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:02 am

Try this link. Make sure the distance is at least 25 kilometres, if not more. As has been said previously, they are using i-Pads a lot and mobile phones for more sensitive stuff, and from my experience, even non sensitive stuff. I hear less from a combined Gympie,Maryborough and Bundaberg now than I heard from Gympie about 12 months ago.

https://web.acma.gov.au/rrl/assignment_range.search

Gustaph

Post by Gustaph » Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:05 pm

Just had a short holiday up in the Fraser Coast Area, was surprised to hear the QPS above the old 64/128 channel allocated band.

Currently at my place (NW Brisbane) I can hear 469.900 and BM cars for Maryborough coming in nicely. I missed the first post of this thread having been updated some time ago, so had to spend many hours hunting, sure was surprised that they use quite a few freqs between Maryborough and Gympie.

Have done a few trips from Bris to Western and Nth Qld, and back around the 'loop' found lots of traffic outside the original channel allocation. Have programmed quite a few into my UHF CB... Very handy.

Driving along the ridge up here I can hear Toowoomba to WD and other units out on the 'Downs'.

Edit: That will teach me to check back here more often :)
Also thanks to 'Rooster' for the comprehensive list edit in the OP...