Toowoomba Range closed off both ends

Communications scanning & radio related discussion for Queensland, covering Brisbane, Townsville, Cairns, Rockhampton etc
AIRMAN

Toowoomba Range closed off both ends

Post by AIRMAN »

QPS closed off the Toowoomba escarpment road this evening. I heard QAS & QFRS were attending a double that was reported to be on fire. VKR control stated the truck was a double B with fuel on board. Patrols were sent initally on code 2.

QFRS in attendance reported there was no sign of fire, but the engine was smoking.

I had to discontinue monitoring as we had visitors. (Damn!)

Anyone hear the outcome?
Comint

Re: Toowoomba Range closed off both ends

Post by Comint »

AIRMAN wrote:QPS closed off the Toowoomba escarpment road this evening. I heard QAS & QFRS were attending a double that was reported to be on fire. VKR control stated the truck was a double B with fuel on board. Patrols were sent initally on code 2.

QFRS in attendance reported there was no sign of fire, but the engine was smoking.

I had to discontinue monitoring as we had visitors. (Damn!)

Anyone hear the outcome?
Storm in a tea-cup. It was all over before the second appliance could even get there.
Hose split in engine compartment. Contents boiled off on hot engine.
Main Roads provided traffic control until hose was replaced, everyone else went home.

--
Comint
AIRMAN

Post by AIRMAN »

It was good that's all it was.
Matt8342

Post by Matt8342 »

Down section of the range closed off once again after a B-Double carrying grain rolled all services currently attending, traffic backed up fairly far around Cohoe. Been closed for about 1:15 now, have no idea how much longer until it is cleared. The truck driver was trapped QFRS rescued and QAS took patient to hospital.

Matt
Thanks Matt