interference

For anyone that wants to modify their equipment or has a question relating to their installation issues
Forum rules
Aussiescanners takes no responsibility for any modification undertaken, these are to be done at your own risk and should only be performed by those with good knowledge of radio and soldering.
wombat tow

interference

Post by wombat tow »

Hi there i have this problem with my uhf, where i get alot of interference with my am fm radio whist the uhf is on, once i turn it off the am radio comes clear again.

most of the problem is whilst the radio is on the am band, the uhf is wired to the ignition via the fuse box panel of my truck,
is there any sort of filter that i can put on the uhf to filter out this interference?
wombat tow

Re: interference

Post by wombat tow »

i guess no has any ideas in helping me in this problem
Stretch
Forum Manager

Post by Stretch »

Not me personally. I have no idea on car stuff :(
Mitch Rogers
Comint

Post by Comint »

wombat tow wrote:Hi there i have this problem with my uhf, where i get alot of interference with my am fm radio whist the uhf is on, once i turn it off the am radio comes clear again.

most of the problem is whilst the radio is on the am band, the uhf is wired to the ignition via the fuse box panel of my truck, is there any sort of filter that i can put on the uhf to filter out this interference?
For starters, it is poor "engineering practise" to wire a "two-way radio" via the ignition. The radio should be connected directly to the battery terminal, and if you have a need for the Power to be controlled by the ignition switch, then this is done via a relay in the lead from the battery.

When posting such requests, it makes it a lot easier if you provide the make and model of your UHF radio, otherwise everyone else is just guessing as to the problem.

For example, some displays require high voltage to operate, and the associated inverter can generate a lot of spurious emissions.

--
Comint