My new antenna

For anyone that wants to modify their equipment or has a question relating to their installation issues
Forum rules
Aussiescanners takes no responsibility for any modification undertaken, these are to be done at your own risk and should only be performed by those with good knowledge of radio and soldering.
jas27791

My new antenna

Post by jas27791 »

Hello all,

I took a chance on ebay the other week and bought an external antenna for my radios. Talk about a great chance! lol I got it pretty quickly and just did a quick install, the antenna comes with about 3 meters of coax cable so I put it on the bottom of the vernadah upstairs, about 2.5 meters off the ground.

It came with a bnc connector on one end, so I was able to plug it into my UBC355XLT straight away. Now all my stored frequencies are coming in clearer and now I even got Rockhampton VKR, after some listening, the channel is different from the main ops channel for the city itself, as this one deals with all of its districts, (Emerald, Woorabinda etc), so maybe something to clear up in the QPS voting channels list?

Anyways heres some pics of the very quick install :) and the specs sheet.

Cheers

Jason.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bodyguard

Re: My new antenna

Post by bodyguard »

good stuff man, it does make a huge difference
Cheers
BG

UBC9000XLT, UBCT8, BCT15X, UBC92XLT, Kenwood R-5000, PSR-410 , KG-UVD1P
jas27791

Post by jas27791 »

Cheers mate, that it does, now to get a scanner splitter now........ lol I'm sure it won't be too hard to find someone who dabbles in that sort of stuff here lol
Stretch
Forum Manager

Post by Stretch »

See ScannerSplitterGuy. He's a whiz at splitters. Great quality and price
Mitch Rogers
bodyguard

Post by bodyguard »

Stretch wrote:See ScannerSplitterGuy. He's a whiz at splitters. Great quality and price

yeah is good, nothing but good dealings with him over the years,
hes up on the Sunshine coast
Cheers
BG

UBC9000XLT, UBCT8, BCT15X, UBC92XLT, Kenwood R-5000, PSR-410 , KG-UVD1P