BradT87

Re: Latest Red Highway Patrol 'Vehicle'

Post by BradT87 »

I love the comment: "This is a trial vehicle for the air wing over Christmas."

Hahaha!
qld_fire

Post by qld_fire »

I think its the only way to get a air wing as long as the current commisioner is around lol
Stretch
Forum Manager

Post by Stretch »

They actually do have air wing. Fleet of 8 (I think) fixed winged aircraft operating up north (Horne Island etc) transporting people around (sick patients etc)
Mitch Rogers
qld_fire

Post by qld_fire »

"The Service currently operates six aircraft, collectively referred to as the Police Air Wing: a Cessna Citation jet and Cessna Caravan based in Brisbane, a Beechcraft B1900 and Cessna Grand Caravan based in Cairns, a Cessna Caravan based in Mt Isa and a recently purchased Britten-Norman aircraft based on Horn Island."

Well there you go.
Stretch
Forum Manager

Post by Stretch »

I stand corrected. There's six of them. Cheers
Mitch Rogers
res

Post by res »

qld_fire wrote:I think its the only way to get a air wing as long as the current commisioner is around lol
No, its only choppers the police minister is scared of, commissioner is likely just following political instructions, even the ministers idiotic predecessor, towing the party line, a good laugh when judith spence said " they dont need a chopper they have fixed wings" frig I laughed so hard!

The idiocy of it is, they had a perfectly good couple year old EC135 (known as rescue 135), that they gave away for free to SLSA once they had their full fleet of AW139's. 135 was already fully equipped to do the job police needed, flir, nite sun, radios, winch, the works. it just shows how useless this labor govt is.
Trickster

Post by Trickster »

res wrote:
qld_fire wrote:I think its the only way to get a air wing as long as the current commisioner is around lol
No, its only choppers the police minister is scared of, commissioner is likely just following political instructions, even the ministers idiotic predecessor, towing the party line, a good laugh when judith spence said " they dont need a chopper they have fixed wings" frig I laughed so hard!

The idiocy of it is, they had a perfectly good couple year old EC135 (known as rescue 135), that they gave away for free to SLSA once they had their full fleet of AW139's. 135 was already fully equipped to do the job police needed, flir, nite sun, radios, winch, the works. it just shows how useless this labor govt is.

This is truer than funny, sadly enough. The NSW police air wing have completed a pretty comprehensive assessment and have decided to replace their latest decommissioned helo with ....... yep an EC135 - so much for the smart state.