Hi from a new member

A place for all new members to the forum to introduce themselves, tell us a little about you, your radio experiences, and anything else relevant
stubbie1962
Newly Registered Users

Hi from a new member

Post by stubbie1962 »

Hi everyone, found this site and it's great. I'm from Queanbeyan NSW (right next to Canbera). Love scanning and fortunately can still get the south east region police on my scanner as they havn't gone to digital yet. Pick up Yass, Goulburn, Queanbeyan and monaro LAC up and down the coast from about ulladulla to batemans bay, eden etc. Have recently found some rail (i think) frequencies and seveal for aircraft movmements around Canberra airport. Basically my precious scanner goes every where with me. I recently mounted an antenna on the car and now get much clearer transmissions and more of them. Hope to upgrade to a digital scanner with the price falling - Dick Smith have a DSE brand for around $675.00. Just want to make sure it will actually pick up enough frequencies to make it worth while and would love to hear from anyone with a digital scanner for an honest review. Thanks and hope i can share and learn from others that share this interesting hobby - more than happy to help anyone if a can. cheers stubbie1962
Daniel

Post by Daniel »

Welcome to Rochedalescan! Yes you can listen to the NSW police on a digital scanner however they will be going encrypted shortly I am unsure of when though.
Daniel
rochedalescan
Founder

Post by rochedalescan »

Welcome Stubbie DSE have the first digital scanner out for 548$ but its a web only offer . What sort of radios are you using at the moment ?
Cheers Shane
Shane Logan
Aussiescanners Founder

Australia's Premier Communications forum!
~ Please contact Phil for administration enquiries ~