QFRS - Fleet 1022

Stretch
Forum Manager

QFRS - Fleet 1022

Post by Stretch »

Taken yesterday (10072010) at a meeting at Pimpama QAS station.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mitch Rogers
Stretch
Forum Manager

Re: QFRS - Fleet 1022

Post by Stretch »

Better shots. Very nicely pulled from 1 station. Taken 01082010
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mitch Rogers
Stretch
Forum Manager

Post by Stretch »

All set up.

Mitch Rogers
Tatcher

Post by Tatcher »

Hmm, 501T.
I have a relative that was on the management team for this, from planning to training, he did it.
got a personal tour also, and a few pics ;)
Stretch
Forum Manager

Post by Stretch »

Brilliant photos. Thanks for taking the time to share :) good to see what's inside :)
Mitch Rogers
firescan

Post by firescan »

Firecom Townsville wasn't diverted to 501T it was diverted to the Far Northern redundancy site at Atherton. Far Northern region was diverted to 501T that was running from Cairns Fire Station. They may have crossed paths at some points but was mostly run through the redundancy. known as "Firecom Atherton".
UBC73XLT, IC-400 Pro
Rohan

Post by Rohan »

place drool here :D
cheers for the photos good to see the gear they have
Rohan Greer
hon. sec. Cambooya RFB
scanners simoco 9020vhf, simoco 9020uhf, IC-400pro, IC-41s, ubc340crs
Sawman

Post by Sawman »

I saw 501T at the NEMTOC Conference at Whyte Island VERY IMPRESSIVE. Correct me if i'm wrong but haven't they used it for Fire Com and a Foward Command Vehicle
Tatcher

Post by Tatcher »

My fault, correction, firescan is correct.
one of my relatives was an SO on the truck when it was happening, he says it was all very scary, and very full on.
firescan

Post by firescan »

Sawman, It's primary role is as an Incident Control or Forward Control vehicle, designed to take the strain from the regional Firecom it's being used at. It has the same equipment that Firecom does, minus a few small things, and is essentially another "mini" firecom. It works in 2 ways, as a command point, the senior officer or Incident Controller would utilise it's Incident Control capabilities (which staff in Brisbane are trained for and respond to assist where required) and in instances where the incident is protracted or is full of constant communications, a comms person would go with and run the incident from there ie firecom, leaving say Firecom Brisbane to look after the region. Because it's functionality is totally contained to the truck itself, it has the ability to run stand alone, which is why in February it became Firecom Far Northern for a couple of days while there was no utilities after Cyclone Yasi. Northern Region Firecom diverted to Cairns, and was run via their regions "backup" firecom at Atherton. But as soon as it was safe to do so, Firecom Northern began running the region from it's communications centre. and Tatcher yes it was quite a scary ride for a few days. Townsville faired OK, looked as though we'd been shoved inside a blender with some salad, the greenwaste following the storm was incredible, took 8 weeks of work to clear the city of trees, all of which were mulched and now are being used around the cities gardens. Our brother's and sister's further north though, some of them still have no homes to go to.
UBC73XLT, IC-400 Pro
Sawman

Post by Sawman »

Thanks for clarifing Firescan, its amazing we continually hear about overseas disasters but I had no idea that people were still without housing in Northern QLD.