Hobson's choice

If you have something to say that just doesn't fit into any of the forums above, then post it here, remember to keep it PG rated for the kids
AIRMAN

Hobson's choice

Post by AIRMAN »

Some of you know I have recently moved from Toowoomba and bought a place in Highfields. I did plenty of research on my broadband options as I was a bit sick of AAPT and their charges. Things got bad when I discovered that the street I live in is sans ADSL! i.e. not enough ports to hook up to ADSL. This meant I couldn't sign up with any ISP with an ADSL configuration. The only option for me apart from dial up which is diabolical, is Telstra Bigpond wireless. Not having any experience or knowledge of how this works, I shopped around and Telstra seemed to be Hobson's Choice if ever wanted to get back on line. After shelling out $299 to get the little thingimajig device which has a USB connection, drove 20km back home, connected up only to find they had sold me one that I couldn't register. :sc
After getting through to the shop which took an eternity on the phone BTW, I was told to bring it back. It turned out that the half wit in the Telstra shop had selected a unit that had been previously used and returned. Nice. I went back the next morning and manager gave me his assurance that the replacement unit is brand new. No apology.

I have been using this now for almost 3 weeks and find that it works fine. I have a 1Gb plan over 12 months that costs me $59.95 per month which is a bit steep. I could've taken out the 36 month plan, but although you get the first 12 at half price, you are tied in for 3 years which I didn't want in case something better and cheaper happens.

Anyone here have Broadband via wireless? remarkable how it works. No antenna, no phone line pocket size device which pugs into any PC.
Stretch
Forum Manager

Re: Hobson's choice

Post by Stretch »

When we go away we use Telstra. It's good coz we got the USB modem for $149 and then just by mobile phone credit whenever we use it. It costs the same as a mobile phone effective where you get $30 credit whenever you need it and it lasts you for X amount of gigabytes. We get like 10 dollars at a time coz we only use it when we go away.
Mitch Rogers
hotmetal1000

Post by hotmetal1000 »

Bloody hell Mr Airman, you'll have to let me know where abouts you are.
AIRMAN

Post by AIRMAN »

hotmetal1000 wrote:Bloody hell Mr Airman, you'll have to let me know where abouts you are.
PM sent
hotmetal1000

Post by hotmetal1000 »

Reply sent also where a ham at all Airman?