Recruits

If you have something to say that just doesn't fit into any of the forums above, then post it here, remember to keep it PG rated for the kids
Daniel

Recruits

Post by Daniel »

Dont know if anyone has posted anything about this show yet.

Just for those of you that didnt know already, channel 10 has a new show recruits which is on Monday nights at 2000. The show follows police recruits that go through Goulburn Police College and also follows a few probie connies on their first shifts.

If anyone has actually watched it what do they think of it?

My thoughts are overall it is pretty good when they are following the Probies around...however the acadamey is just a mochary of the New South Wales Police Force, I cannot believe they would actually let some of those recruits show their face on television...some of them are so young that it amazes me how they got in! Up here in Queensland you wouldnt be a probationairy constable at the age of 19 if you were lucky you'd just be starting your 32 weeks at the acadamey.

Anyway let me know what you guys/gals things of the show.
Daniel
rochedalescan
Founder

Re: Recruits

Post by rochedalescan »

I love it !

You already know how I stand with it, I think they are too young/immature to be in the college let alone on the streets.

Its a great show though I like seeing them coming from the start to being out on patrol with the other officers.
Shane Logan
Aussiescanners Founder

Australia's Premier Communications forum!
~ Please contact Phil for administration enquiries ~
Mathew

Post by Mathew »

I agree. I really like this show, good watch.

Cheers,
Mat
Uniden 396T + RH-96, Uniden BCT8, Puxing 888 UHF
robb

Post by robb »

Great to see such a show about real life behind the scenes. I hope it will run for a while. TEN has been good at adding and ditching shows very quickly and constantly changing times and days.
Happy scanning,

Uniden UBCD996 + 396T, UBC9000XLT, Icom IC-RX7, Yaesu FT-60.
youngn
Forum Manager

Post by youngn »

Yeah its a great show its going onto my list of "To Watch" :D

I also agree with the comments on some of the recruits being too young.
Especially some of those bird recruits that have to harden up a bit... :lol: :roll:

Cheers,
youngn
"YOUNGN"
Phantom
Forum Manager

Post by Phantom »

Well if that is the case (with 10's past history as you say) - maybe 9 will pick it up - after they dump the footy show .... :pr
robb

Post by robb »

It was interesting when 9 dumped "sunday" and that went to 7.
Happy scanning,

Uniden UBCD996 + 396T, UBC9000XLT, Icom IC-RX7, Yaesu FT-60.
Stretch
Forum Manager

Post by Stretch »

First episode was brilliant.

Second one not so.

I prefer more on the streets bit. Not the academy stuff.
Mitch Rogers
noodles88

Post by noodles88 »

both girls and guys need to harden up....see the guy collapse while doing a 5k run? see the gold coast girl twist her ankle after the sprint test..too funny. scary that these people will one day protect us.

what about the "code red" street disturbance - about 8 officers (police and ambos) responded to a male who was drunk on the footpath - did I miss something or was this a bit of an over reaction...

great show, wish it was on abc though, hate commercial tv because of ads.
Stretch
Forum Manager

Post by Stretch »

noodles88 wrote:what about the "code red" street disturbance - about 8 officers (police and ambos) responded to a male who was drunk on the footpath - did I miss something or was this a bit of an over reaction
It was code red because he turned violent towards the NSWAS paramedics.
Mitch Rogers
Daniel

Post by Daniel »

noodles88 wrote: what about the "code red" street disturbance - about 8 officers (police and ambos) responded to a male who was drunk on the footpath - did I miss something or was this a bit of an over reaction... .
Yeah, Its New South Wales...they're the largest police force/service in Australia, so they have heaps of officers to spare. Theres a NSW police officer on here. He should be able to explain why there is so much to much for me to handle I like the Queensland Districts. Down there is like LAC's even there are sub-LAC's etc... Might elaborate tommorow.

EDIT: There are about 8 General Duties cars in Sydney Station alone plus supervisors, CI, Dog Squad, Highway and heaps more. Although they arent the busiest policing LAC. They all seem to argue who has the most action and where it is down there.
Daniel
Mathew

Post by Mathew »

Stretch wrote:First episode was brilliant.

Second one not so.

The show is based on students in the academy learning to become a police officer?
Uniden 396T + RH-96, Uniden BCT8, Puxing 888 UHF
rochedalescan
Founder

Post by rochedalescan »

Mathew wrote:

Second one not so.

The show is based on students in the academy learning to become a police officer?
And also when they are new recruits on the street.
Shane Logan
Aussiescanners Founder

blacky

Post by blacky »

Its embarrasing to see the law enforcement of the future can't run 5km without stopping and need 8 pair of high heels and make up during training!
CC Communications - VOIP, DSL, RF Comms, GPS, Tech Support and more. Forum Aussie Owned and operated!
Daniel

Post by Daniel »

Yeah, its because they are focusing on the dumb "f**ks" accuse my language but thats what they are. The only decent recruit is that 39 year old father...I like someone with the courage to join at that age and considering he has a family and they have troubles of their own thats quite a big commitment! People like him with life experience what the Queensland Police are looking for although having said that QLD Police recruits are around 25-30, although that is still older than what they have down there, I think the problem down there is they have a college/university which is made for younger people.

I've spoken to a copper down there who is based on Sydney's Outskirts and he pretty much has the same opinion and he thinks it is mochary of the police force...but gold class comedy.
Daniel
Stretch
Forum Manager

Post by Stretch »

Mathew wrote:

Second one not so.

I appreciate that. I'm just saying in my opinion, I would rather see more beat stuff.
Mitch Rogers
rochedalescan
Founder

Post by rochedalescan »

"Bad Boys, Bad Boys, What ya gona do ? What ya gona do when they come for you" :P gota love it.
Shane Logan
Aussiescanners Founder

Stretch
Forum Manager

Post by Stretch »

radio_$cott wrote:
Stretch wrote: I would rather see more beat stuff.
So you would be a fan of "Cops" too then?? lol.. One of my all time favourite shows... :D
That is an awesome show :)
Mitch Rogers