New unmark Police Car Upper Coomera

railsquad77

New unmark Police Car Upper Coomera

Post by railsquad77 »

Just driving along days Rd and saw Coomera Traffic branch have a new toy
A black VW Golf i think it was 4 door had some guy pulled over for speeding.
It looks fully kitted out with rader on right side of drivers window
Would have love to got some pics also seen State Traffic at Beenleigh Using a Ford XR6 red Ute looked realy weird with two officers in front not much room for any thing else :P .

Catch Up Soon

Steve
Stretch
Forum Manager

Re: New unmark Police Car Upper Coomera

Post by Stretch »

Sweet :)
Mitch Rogers
maccapro

Post by maccapro »

was driving at the GC saw a silver holden omega ute with custom tray taunea cover looked still had typical pursuit rims
youngn
Forum Manager

Post by youngn »

Yeh theyre really starting to get sneaky with different types of unmarked cars :wink:

Didnt they come out a few years ago with a kitted up, WRX modified? Just trying to remember. Think it was out ipswich way. many years ago cant remember
"YOUNGN"
Stretch
Forum Manager

Post by Stretch »

I've got a friend in the car tinting business and he said many many years ago before he owned his own business the company he worked for tinted the QPS cars windows and he once did an unmarked police car which had surfboard and an esky screwed in extremely tightly to roof so it just looked like a regular car that was pulled over on the highway but it had a radar and everything and a massive engine and was capable of pursuing even with the stuff on top :)
Mitch Rogers
youngn
Forum Manager

Post by youngn »

lol wicked... but sneaky :roll: :twisted:
"YOUNGN"
Stretch
Forum Manager

Post by Stretch »

Daniel wrote:Probably not the best thing too be discussing, undercover police cars, they're unmarked (undercover) for a reason...so people dont know whether they are police cars.
And the flashing lights and sirens don't give it away enough. It's not like we're discussing numberplates or anything.
Mitch Rogers
rochedalescan
Founder

Post by rochedalescan »

Daniel wrote:Probably not the best thing too be discussing, undercover police cars, they're unmarked (undercover) for a reason...so people dont know whether they are police cars.
They broadcast the locations of speed camera vans etc on the radio every morning......
Shane Logan
Aussiescanners Founder

Australia's Premier Communications forum!
~ Please contact Phil for administration enquiries ~
rochedalescan
Founder

Post by rochedalescan »

Wheres the law saying we arn't allowed to discuss current issue unmarked cars ?
Shane Logan
Aussiescanners Founder

rochedalescan
Founder

Post by rochedalescan »

Daniel wrote:Did I say there was a law? No I didnt. Its just common sense not too talk about it, let police do their business.
Got a problem ? Dont post, dont even open the topic its as easy as that, as you said I am not breaking any laws by allowing members to discuss this topic, police can contact me and let me know if they have a problem and I will intervene.
Shane Logan
Aussiescanners Founder

youngn
Forum Manager

Post by youngn »

I don't see why we cannot talk about or describe what undercover cars are around?!
Yeh, sure we might give them away, but in my opinion, police spend too much time and money on catching road rule breakers, even the most minor things, than putting more resources into stopping serious crimes, like kidnapping and break-and-enters etc.
Why do we have "police" out sitting in a 4x4 on the side of the road for hours at a time, reading magazines? Could be out, trying to solve and combat real crimes.
I believe that us and other people, have a right to know what car is a police car, and yes, usually all the aerials and lights and dash mounted equipment give it away too. But really, we are just talking about them as a hobby, we aren't trying to inform others to be aware that such and such of a car is a police car.
Rochedalescan wrote:police can contact me and let me know if they have a problem
+
Daniel wrote:I am contacting you then.
= :wink:
"YOUNGN"
Stretch
Forum Manager

Post by Stretch »

youngn wrote:I don't see why we cannot talk about or describe what undercover cars are around?!
Yeh, sure we might give them away, but in my opinion, police spend too much time and money on catching road rule breakers, even the most minor things, than putting more resources into stopping serious crimes, like kidnapping and break-and-enters etc.
Why do we have "police" out sitting in a 4x4 on the side of the road for hours at a time, reading magazines? Could be out, trying to solve and combat real crimes.
I believe that us and other people, have a right to know what car is a police car, and yes, usually all the aerials and lights and dash mounted equipment give it away too. But really, we are just talking about them as a hobby, we aren't trying to inform others to be aware that such and such of a car is a police car.
Rochedalescan wrote:police can contact me and let me know if they have a problem
+
Daniel wrote:I am contacting you then.
= :wink:
Yeah coz not many cars drive around with 1000 aerials :P
Mitch Rogers